Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

few quick questions

lockmac

Reaction score
Hey. I am doing a few mods to my Berlina and just wandering if anyone could answer a few questions?...

Well I am putting a Calais sound system in it. Do I need to change the rear parcel shelf to be able to fit the subwoofers in? And are the door speakers in a Berlina the same as found in a calais?

I was told that the steering of my Berlina is not as easy to move the wheel as a Calais because Calais' have sensitive steering and a different steering rack alltogether. Is this true? And if so, can i just change the steering rack and will it steer a lot more easier like the Calais'?

Also just quickyl.. how much would it be to get a new key head programmed and cut? Or if I was to just buy the black plastic thing off ebay, would Holden be able to supply me with the key itself, cut it, and programme it?

Any help would be much appreciated as I don't know much about these things and you guys do!

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
Locksmiths have the blank keys and can copy your key .... yes, buy the black plastic keyhead from Ebay ( new one) .... I'm sure that locksmiths can program the new head by using the old head ... the locksmith I went to wanted to charge extra to cut the holden blank key cos it was steel ... he only sold brass blanks ....

lockmac

Reaction score
Hey.. i was told that the series 2 vx indicator stalks would work with my series 1 Berlina... i just bought one off ebay and tryed to put it in but the wire that comes from the cruise control part has a different head on it.. still 4 wires but different plug.. do you think this is not compatible at all? like if i was to put those 4 wires and connect them to the other 4 would it work?

Many thanks

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
i just looked at my wiring diagram.... VT 1, VT 2, VX 1, VX 2, says all model wiring is the same...