Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

abclarke

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII S
Hey guys i just got my 2002 VXII S today from a private sale. Not a bad price id say, 135000kms, full S pack options, 10 months rego and great condition (my grand dad is a holden mechanic, he checked it for me) all for $10k.

Just a few things i want to ask, id ask my grand dad, but its a bit late at the moment and i was looking to get an answer asap. Just a few little things that annoy me really, nothing major.

1. Both the rear windows go down using the individual doors controls, but then they cant put themselves up. Using the main controls in the front make then go up fine which gets me thinking its something to do with the switch on the doors. But both the same direction, both in the back? Strange id say.

2. Just something i want a bit of direction on, i bought a single din stereo from JB hifi and a little pocket from strathfield to fill up the gap. Ive been reading a few FAQs on the subject but just wondering how hard it would be for someone who hasnt had an experience with car audio before?

3. The glove box is having a bit of a problem, it feels really loose and even seems to fall out every so often. Theres nothing really holding it in if you take it out on the wrong kind of angle. Just wondering if this is a common problem or not and how easy it would be to fix?

Thats pretty much everything bugging me off the top of my head, but ill keep you guys posted if anything else comes up. Cheers :)

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
cant help with 1 &3
but with the stereo you can get a adaptor for the wiring so you can plug your aftermarket HU straight in

JimmyMcDuff

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Berlina Series II
As for number 3,

There is a pin on the right hand of the side of the glovebox, right at the back. I use a flathead screwdriver to take the pin out. That loosens that side.

There is a then a piece of plastic that acts the the hinge on the other side. Make sure that is in the track, I have found that not putting that back in properly will mean you can still use the glovebox, but its really loose and doesn't seem to fit properly.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I have the same prob with my rear windows some days they go down using the rear door switches and won't come up and some days they do , The light in the switches only work sometimes . The times that the lights dont' work is the time when the windows won't wind up

berlitza05

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve wagon
I had this problem recently on my vt ,,I replaced both rear switches in the door and still the windows wouldnt go back up ,,so to cut a super long story short i ended up replacing both wiring looms in the rear doors (had somthing to do with the tention on the loom when the doors were opened and closed) and now they work perfectly.

andyos

Ozzie 98 Clubby
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT CLUBSPORT 5.0L
When i installed my aftermarket SONY stereo i did what GMMAD said and bought a wiring loom on ebay so i could wire the Sony stereo loom to the wiring loom i bought on ebay,you dont even need to do this in the car you can sit at the kitchen table and do it.Then its just a case of disconnecting the battery and taking a metal coat hanger and cut and bend 2 U pieces so that they fit into the holes in the front of the factory stereo and push in and pull out the factory stereo.Then taking the loom that you have pre wired simply unplug the factory stereo and plug in the new stereo. To help with the wiring you can find a wiring diagram for your model on the net and it will show you what all the different coloured wires are.I have one for VN to VT if you need it PM me.Hope this helps....

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
does the glove box have the pin in the bottom right of it to hold it in?

JimmyMcDuff

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Berlina Series II
does the glove box have the pin in the bottom right of it to hold it in?

This post explains how it can be done, I believe the VT/VX are identical in this respect.

abclarke

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII S
Thanks for the help guys. I had a look at the glove box and it looks like the pin is missing, which i guess is making it fall out all the time. Ill just grab one from my grand dad at holden on the weekend i guess?

As for the stereo i think i might just get JB or strathfield to install it for me and i think im going to have to get the stinger or what ever brand cat8 i think it is so i can use the steering wheel controls? Or if anyone knows a cheap place to get one and get it installed around the sutherland shire that would be great :)

abclarke

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII S
Hey guys ive just wired up a new sony head unit tonight, all worked well, everything wired perfectly, but for the life of me i cant get the units cage it came with (the xplode) one to fit in the old spot? I got a pocket from strathfield and that fits fine, just that the cage i got with the stereo wont fit in? Any ideas?