Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Few random questions :/

Dee jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0 Ltr manual & 96 WRX
Hey guys, ive got a vt ss and theres a few thing weird going on atm. When u start to drive of slowly theres a lil shudder, could it be diff, drivetrain or what? And reverse lights dont come on any more (havent cheakd see if bulbs are going or not) or could it be a fuse? And if anyone is good with electronics here could you tell me why my speakers pop loud now when i turn the car on or off :/ sorry about the questions cheers

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
the shudder could be your fuel pump.

and with your reverse lights maybe you should check the bulb and fuse, would make more sense.

and are they afermarket speakers?

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Ok let see:

Drive Shudder: Commodores are a bit notorious for having shudders in the drivetrain, does it happen when you give it a boot full or just at slow acceleration. It could be something as simple as an engine mount.

Reverse lights: First thing is check the fuse panel under the steering wheel, it has a guide as to what fuses are where on the back of the panel, check none are blown, if it checks out then check the bulbs, but if both are gone it's probs a fuse.

Speaker Pop: Does it have the original stereo installed, or an aftermarket one?

Sorry to ask more questions than I answered, but need a bit more info to help.

Regards,
Mike.

Dee jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok let see:

Drive Shudder: Commodores are a bit notorious for having shudders in the drivetrain, does it happen when you give it a boot full or just at slow acceleration. It could be something as simple as an engine mount.

Reverse lights: First thing is check the fuse panel under the steering wheel, it has a guide as to what fuses are where on the back of the panel, check none are blown, if it checks out then check the bulbs, but if both are gone it's probs a fuse.

Speaker Pop: Does it have the original stereo installed, or an aftermarket one?

Sorry to ask more questions than I answered, but need a bit more info to help.

Regards,
Mike.

Yes they are hooked up to an amp, yeap after market ones and the shudder is just under slow acceleration such as 0-20km not a massive shudder but u can feel it still and will have a look at all the fuses and bulbs when i get home. And also i forgot to ask when i unlock/lock doors with button the indercaters dont flash anymore is that a fuse problem as well sorry cheers every 1 the help

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
what amp, cheap and nasty amps normally do it

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Yes they are hooked up to an amp, yeap after market ones and the shudder is just under slow acceleration such as 0-20km not a massive shudder but u can feel it still and will have a look at all the fuses and bulbs when i get home. And also i forgot to ask when i unlock/lock doors with button the indercaters dont flash anymore is that a fuse problem as well sorry cheers every 1 the help

Ok, well I would reckon the speaker issue is either a) dodgey wiring or b) craptastic components - did you do the install or did you buy it that way?

As for the flashing on lock/unlock. First up try disconnecting the battery for 5mins to enable the computer to reset (have any stereo security codes ready). Then try locking/unlocking. Other than that check all fuses. It's a Commodore - the electrics aren't brilliant.

The shudder, that's gonna be abit harder to diagnose, do you feel the shudder in the steering wheel/gear stick. Or is coming from a particular place in the car?

Dee jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ots a kenwood 720 must be wired crap hah ill cheak it out when home again, ok will disconect the battrey and reset it see if it works :) and nope cant feel it in gear stick or steering wheel just a shudder, when i drive it home tonight ill try tell u where its comming from :/

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Ok, check it all and get back with us, do you know if the engine or transmission mounts have ever been replaced?

I'm not sure on the whole shudder thing, but my engine mounts were worn and at low speeds, it would shudder then thump if I gunned it, but the mounts were very collapsed. Regardless, there are people on here who can help you much more than me lol.

Dee jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Will do sorry im at work so cant do much ha, im guessing so have got full log books up to date but maybe not idk ha, haha oh well uve been a good help so far :D