Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

few vx problems

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
gday, replaced my inlet manifold gasket afew days ago as it was stuffed and it was going through coolant. Now after I'd finshed obviously topped the coolant up and opened the bleed valve untill coolant was coming through. I'v gone for a couple of short drive and when inspecting the coolant level was abit low of both occasions took probley 30ml or so to make it level with the filler neck. I thought maybe it was still getting rid of some air. Went for a longer drive today about an hour or so came back home and it was lower again it needed about 100ml or so to make it level with the filler neck. Could it be that the system needs some time to bleed any air pockets out? or could it be something else?
Also replaced my belt tensioner and belt but now there is a squal/squeak sound above 2000rpm any idea as to what it is?
any help would be great

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hi Simon

Have you tried driving with your heater turned on? There could be air trapped in the heater core that is only partially escaping when you drive the car. Start it up, let it idle with the heater turned on and try bleeding it again.

You should also check your oil to see if there is any chance of water entering the engine through your new gasket and check for water leaks all around the engine when it's warm and running.

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
ok thanks. il drive the car next with the heater turned on and see what happens. There is not water escaping into the oil nor is there any white smoke coming out the exhaust indicating a blown head gasket.
thanks again mate