Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Few wires for alarm installation.

P

punhatch

Hi all,
recently purchased a VR commodore wagon, in the half way of a alarm installation to my car. However, come up to a few wires that i coldn't locate them.

1. Power supply to the Distributor
On the installation diagram, it's connect to a relay which require to cut the distributor wire.

2. Oil Sensor or Tach input or Oil lamp in the dash board.
It shows that when the engine started successful, a +12V will appear.

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first time to install an alarm therefore would like to make sure eveyrthing is right before i connect them.

Any input will be much apperciate.

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
The distributor doesnt exist on a vs commodore but you could put it in the circuit for the fuel pump which will have the same effect ....immobilises the engine....probably the violet wire .The other 12v will come from the sender unit near the oil filter and goes to the fuel pump relay and it will be a violet wire too.
Both of those wires originate at the fuel pump relay so you could pick both of them up from the relay under the bonnet.

VQXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VP Senator, VY SS Crewman
punhatch said:
Hi all,
recently purchased a VR commodore wagon, in the half way of a alarm installation to my car. However, come up to a few wires that i coldn't locate them.

1. Power supply to the Distributor
On the installation diagram, it's connect to a relay which require to cut the distributor wire.

2. Oil Sensor or Tach input or Oil lamp in the dash board.
It shows that when the engine started successful, a +12V will appear.

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first time to install an alarm therefore would like to make sure eveyrthing is right before i connect them.

Any input will be much apperciate.

Cheers,

Hey there punhatch, Is this alarm a remote start one?

If it is you may find it wont allow the car to start by remote as the car has a factory immobiliser built in. The immobiliser is disarmed when you put the key into the ignition, the immobilisation circuit recognises a resistance from the ignition key......

If the resistance is not correct then the car wont start.....

I have seen ppl hard wire a spare key to the ignition barrel before. they connected the key to those 2 contacts around the ignition barrel....it did work but makes the factory immobiliser useless.......

See how you go......cheers

P

punhatch

Thankx for the informations.

Any idea where are those Violet wires?? Can i find them around the fuse box arear under the dash?

Yes the alarm is the remote start one, still decide to use the remote start or not. But most likely i'm not going to use it.

Cheers,

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
punhatch said:
Thankx for the informations.

Any idea where are those Violet wires?? Can i find them around the fuse box arear under the dash?

Yes the alarm is the remote start one, still decide to use the remote start or not. But most likely i'm not going to use it.

Cheers,
have a read mate. markovr said the relay is under the bonnet son

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
This might help

Attachments

• Scan10006.JPG
    Scan10006.JPG