Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FiberGlassing Group A Front Bar

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
hey guys, took the front bar into the panel shop today they said it was too much work for them (pfft cry more :p) it just looks a mess, he didnt even inspect it just has 1 layer of paint and 3 overcoats badly applied,

it also has 1x 5c peice hole, and 1 crack.. nothing majour, my group A rear bar was in worse condition

for the crack what do people reccomend for strength? fiberglass matting with resin layed overtop then kahglass to fill the hole and bog to smooth it (matting for strength)

got heaps of bog gotta get a new power sander as i blew my old one up on my grpa rear bar and im NOT doing this one by hand

cracker

Reaction score
id buy some matt and resin
barce it all up
tap and bits of ply, put the resin down on ther back of the bar
then matt then more resing let it good off sand it and repater
then fill the hole/indent with filler thats what idid

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
I don't know if this thread might help you out a bit?

N

nemodore

matt it from behind with chop strand matt then two wet mattings of woven matt, the bog on the outside needs to be sanded back by hand or you will have a massive woppi, file it back if you need to then use spray putty and block it back by hand is the easiest way. need help just pm me ,i am a spray painter/panel beater by trade.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
cheers man

was going to use resin to secure matting but will bog do insted??? got heaps of bog here, like absoulutely HEAPS, like enough to make a replica of some tits outta bog..... probbly will be fiberglassing saturday then taking it to the panel shop on monday, have it sprayed and get it on :)

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
At home I have a tin of bog and a tin of bog with shards of fibreglass through it. If you wanted some extra strength I would use the bog with shards of fibreglass in it. Bog by itsself is tuff stuff, but It never hurts to add a little mesh.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
kk cool ill use that then, gotta do it today so i geuss ill go kiss the rest of my money goodbye, not fair ive spent like $100 in 2 days, got my car back with about 10L of fuel in it..... it went in with around 40L GRRRRRR and they said they towed it to the chassis shop which means that they must of left it idling for a fer hours!!!!!