Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fibreglass bodykit? Worth it?

Ev0LuTioN

Unknown
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec. 2001
Hey guys. I painted my sideskirts and back bumper my self but every time I wash my car the paint is slowly chipping off. Right hand side is 50%black again, it sucks. I know I didn't do a proper job but my question is this:

I found a c2r kit on ebay, it's fibreglass and it's cheap as! $550 + $65 postage. Would this be worth getting? I would get it done properly in a shop but does fibreglass crack easily? I don't have much exp. when it comes to kits that's all. Am I better of going with this kit or spending money on proper skirt and back painting that I have already started?

BIG-EV

Project VT (In Progress)
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2000 VTII Executive 3.8L Supercharged V6 Wagon
RE body kit.

Ifyou get a fibreglass body kit make sure u get one made with non skrinking resin, my mate bought one of Ebay and his shrunk and exposed all the metal work ect. Fibreglass is good but u must maintain it because it wont bend like plastic and it will crack like a ceramic. Since you at the gold coast i would go to spoilertek since there up in the western suburbs of brissie. Spoilertek: Home

Thats where i got my bodykit from and ive had no issues with it. they also have other accessories such as lights, guages ect. hope you ride turns out awesome:thumbsup:

Big-ev

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
i wouldnt bother.
its only a matter of time before it looks like **** and you realised you wasted your money.

Ev0LuTioN

Unknown
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec. 2001
i wouldnt bother.
its only a matter of time before it looks like **** and you realised you wasted your money.

I'm guessing you're talking about the fibreglass?

I did read a few other forums and noone seems to recommend fibreglass as it chips real easy and would cost alot to paint/fit and it never alligns properly and also after 6 or so months it stars sagging ... that's what I read so I think im going to stay away from it ...

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
plastic is the only way to go.
why not just get the kit you already have repainted properly?
its going to be cheaper to do that than go buy another kit and have that painted.

Ev0LuTioN

Unknown
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec. 2001
well yeah that was my second option :p

my front is fine, i just need skirts and back done. and while im doing that, i might as well get the black stripe done as well. way to use rudds money :D haha

i was looking for an SS kit online but can't find any, gay! they look the best imo.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
well yeah that was my second option :p

my front is fine, i just need skirts and back done. and while im doing that, i might as well get the black stripe done as well. way to use rudds money :D haha

i was looking for an SS kit online but can't find any, gay! they look the best imo.

Genuine SS kit:
Sydney Special Vehicles: For Car Body Kits, HSV Parts, Mag Wheels, Tail Lights, Bonnet Scoops and More

You can possibly get it cheaper via Holden, I've heard people say numbers like $400 for a pre-painted front bar.