Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fibreglass bodykits off ebay

Dan24

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS
any one bought any of these? and could recommend any?

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
fibreglass = poo.. if you park in a car park and hit the front barrier it will do 10x more damage then a plastic bar

give it a year or so and you will have a ugly bodykit! if that

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
between this thread, and your other one, i'm guessing you are looking for a cheap bodykit?

which one are you looking for? how long do you want it to last, and how much F@#king around do you want to do just so it fits right?

Stay away from fibreglass if you can afford it, and sometimes buying local isn't that expensive and the after sales support can save you some heart ache...

chooky1980

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
vh sl/e,vk berlina
as posted in the other thread today about body kits-

buying bodykits unseen is one of the biggest mistakes people make.
if you want a kit go somewhere that you can actually see the kit before you purchase it so you can have a real good look at it.
if you dont know what to look for take someone with you who does.
ive seen it way too many times young fellas with no idea on what to look for buying kits over the internet then im left to try and fit them
which costs them way more because they are just crap quality.
if you cant be 100% sure on the kit just dont buy it and you will save a fortune!!!

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
most people are under the asumption that they can put a cheap fibre glass kit straight on. WRONG. fibre glass needs a lot of finishing when it comes out of it's moulds. these kits have no finishing. they can be made to be as durable as plastic, but it takes time and money. be warned

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
If you want to waste your money, look like a w&nk and just find your self replacing your unaligned front bumper in 12 months then Take your pick. No body kits on ebay are good, it is very rare you will find a decent made fibreglass body kit. Take your time, save your money and find yourself a nice SS kit for your VS.

JJ08

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vn s pack
i would not get a after market one of ebay i was going to buy one of there and rang a few spray painting places around my area and i got quoted $2000 for paint and prep and most of them said not to get 1 of there because there fibreglass and gel coating are **** and break easy, id for for a genuine but it depends on how you look after it i guess.

Last edited:

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
hmm since no ones bothered to help you here... suprise suprise they all happy to bag ya and any efforts u make to do your car up, (flame war coming on) I purchased 3 now off spolertek who advertise on ebay... one was a vp gts kit formyself, perfect fit straight from the box cept the grille was a lil gay and needed work.... the other was a vl walky kit, perfect fit no issues for a mate and the other was a vz kit to fit a vs commo... well it was a great fit but looks crap... visual only not quality.. the dude is happy to chat to ya on his mobile and is quite helpful etc... so try spoilertek mate and see how ya go. if he has ones to suit ur car.. he has em advertised all the time on ebay etc..

Dan24

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS
hmm since no ones bothered to help you here... suprise suprise they all happy to bag ya and any efforts u make to do your car up, (flame war coming on) I purchased 3 now off spolertek who advertise on ebay... one was a vp gts kit formyself, perfect fit straight from the box cept the grille was a lil gay and needed work.... the other was a vl walky kit, perfect fit no issues for a mate and the other was a vz kit to fit a vs commo... well it was a great fit but looks crap... visual only not quality.. the dude is happy to chat to ya on his mobile and is quite helpful etc... so try spoilertek mate and see how ya go. if he has ones to suit ur car.. he has em advertised all the time on ebay etc..
thnx mate i just looked him up, has a GTO front bumper, exactly what im after =D