Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Filling door trims..

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
hey guys... ive started the work my car
the side skirts are on and sprayed, they need 1 more coat of clear and they'll be mint...

now i dont wanna go and keep those calais body moulds on (if your wonder what the hell im on about they're the things that devide the top half from bottom half of the doors and have the black strip on them..

my idea is to have 1 fat bar insted of the 1 thick (silver) and 2 thin (silver and black)

pics will come tommorrow

i filled one with bog, it took alot and its heavy...

i was thinking is there anything else i can use to fill up the groves to make it flat, can i use fibreglass resin to fill the groves as i need something light weight and easy to fill, then bog over the top of it

the car is getting spray on saturday again so ive got till then to prep them... ive got 600g of bog sitting here already, how much is fibreglass resin??

anything else that would work?? silicon glue??? i dunno anything would do just has to be light as i dont wanna add 10kg to my car and i dont wanna spend heaps on bog.....

anyway any help would be cool this is gonna look nutz :)

in the picture, on the top trim ignore the foot print.. my mate mananged to step on it *slaps head*

Last edited:
H

HATER VP

Why not get it sprayed so you just leave the chrome strip.
How is the new strip mounted??

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
both with strong doubble sided tape, yet to find a suitable adhesive yet...

i HATE the look of sprayed over ones... i love the flat look,

and im spraying it all, as i have access to GOOD spray gear and the experiance to do it without making a mess of my self (too much)

H

HATER VP

Let me know how you go. I wanna see pics of it afterwards

RobMooar

Reaction score
Members Ride
_
Sticking them on maybe best with a 3m product. I dunno if they have those command strips over there (stick it to the walls in your home and it comes off with no marks), anyway, they make an industrial/automotive version. I can't remember the name, but the stuff has been referred to as Gorilla Snot in many places. I'll have a look around see if I can get the name of it. Take my word for it, unless you start pulling 1 end of this stuff, you are NEVER gonna hav to worry about it falling off your car

RobMooar

Reaction score
Members Ride
_
Opps, was wrong, the product was called Sellotape Butyl Sealants. The croud the company I used to work for got it from a company called Propak
Supplys (http://www.propaknz.co.nz/). The catalogue page that has the info on this stuff is here: http://www.propaknz.co.nz/n473,catareaid=11,prodareaid=97.html

Be warned: If you choose to use this stuff, make sure you get it right the first time as it doesn't come off easily unless you leave enough out one end to pull on (as pulling on an end of it releases it).