Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Film paint protection Brisbane

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Wondering if anyone can recommend a company around Brisbane who does film rather than ceramic coatings? Thanks in advance!

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers Mummbles....looks like they have plenty of experience.
Although I get the idea of a ‘front end only’ wrap, I can’t see much point in not getting the whole car done to protect from all the environmental hazards as well as preventing paint swirls particularly for dark cars etc etc. Cost would be the issue obviously.
I know with Opticoat etc it is still recommended to clay bar every year or so....wonder if it’s logical to clay bar vinyl wrap or is it just that crap doesn’t adhere to it in the same way as it does to paint??

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
The 3M clear film on my cars, you treat it the same way as paint, so you clay bar it 6 months/yearly and use the same paint sealants and waxes on it as there is zero UV cut in it naturally, so it allows the paint to fade the same as the ajoining panels.

Most of the clear wraps yellow a little after 5 or so years, so check the warranty on the film and the application including chipping, peeling and discolouring

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
The 3M clear film on my cars, you treat it the same way as paint, so you clay bar it 6 months/yearly and use the same paint sealants and waxes on it as there is zero UV cut in it naturally, so it allows the paint to fade the same as the ajoining panels.

Most of the clear wraps yellow a little after 5 or so years, so check the warranty on the film and the application including chipping, peeling and discolouring
Ok Voodoo, thanks for that...I didn’t realise you had to still do the same level of cleaning, sealing etc...I didn’t expect it would be just wrap & forget but I hadn’t really thought much about the level of care required..... not that I mind the cleaning part of my cars as I find it quite therapeutic in fact. I would imagine that 3M would be amongst the best out there.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Suggest you get the whole bonnet (not just the front third like some cars have) and the whole bumper and front guards and under the doors done. Thats where the damage happens.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Suggest you get the whole bonnet (not just the front third like some cars have) and the whole bumper and front guards and under the doors done. Thats where the damage happens.
Totally agree, cheers!