Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Final HSV Grange rolls off production line

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Grange is largely irrelevant as far as I'm aware as it got stuck with the LS3. Too close to GTS price too.

R

Risky

For a performance luxo barge it's ok. Not my favourite. I'd have a Maloo or Clubby.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
And it looks like cars that were released 10 yaers ago.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
And it looks like cars that were released 10 yaers ago.

Jeremy Clarkson summed it up best about the Commodore , "this is meat pie engineering really " , kind of explains why it's being discontinued , in it's current form . Sad , I like the look of the Grange , it may look dated but I'd have one in a heart beat .

R

Risky

Holden never really updated The WM-WN series during its life so I can understand why they're concentrationg on bigger selling Commodores in the range.

All Holdens are meat pie engineering (except those foreign built ones) & it's made for Australia to cope with different conditions. Since Ford has ditched the Falcon, they're just jam & scone engineering, very bland crapmobiles. I'll take the honest meat pie engineering any day.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Jeremy Clarkson’s later opinions are typical Shock Jock comments, spoken to antagonise people about any subject (as are some comments made on this forum ).
His road test 27 Aug 2006 ‘timesonline’ road-test of the Vauxhall Monaro VXR was complimentary, as have a number of TG episodes where they have praised Australian cars for their power, handling, comfort and value, but then summed them up and disregarded them as a POS from the antipodies.
His dismissal of any vehicle not made in UK got somewhat tiresome and irrelevant on TG.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Jeremy Clarkson’s later opinions are typical Shock Jock comments, spoken to antagonise people about any subject (as are some comments made on this forum ).
His road test 27 Aug 2006 ‘timesonline’ road-test of the Vauxhall Monaro VXR was complimentary, as have a number of TG episodes where they have praised Australian cars for their power, handling, comfort and value, but then summed them up and disregarded them as a POS from the antipodies.
His dismissal of any vehicle not made in UK got somewhat tiresome and irrelevant on TG.

Not at all , I think he was saying it's simplicity was a good thing .

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well Fords are pos. I've driven a ton of them over the years as company cars.

Aussie Holdens/HSV in the UK command big money. For example: 2007 Holden Maloo R8 6.0i V8 HSV 412BHP Auto listed at £21,995 Used 2007 Holden All Models for sale in Essex | Pistonheads converts to $35,884.

I think I might start up a car export business.

That's true , even the basic Omega and the previous models sold as a Buick in China and as Chevrolet Lumina in Brazil ,South Africa and the Middle East sold very well too .