Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Finally got a car!!!!!!!!!

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Yeah the budget will be tight, but i can guarantee that any money I earn will be heading towards the car.

Yeah eventually I want to lower it, rims, full sports exhaust, darkest legal tint, sound system and then start extracting some more power...........And yes I know this list is an expensive one - but at least I can dream about it hehe

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Yeah Hako I will definately be trying to hang onto my licence!!!! Been driving since feb and still haven't had any accident nor have i been pulled up by the boys in blue. Most of my mates have had both of these happen to them!!!!! But I know all to well that I am not invincible and one day it will happen to me :(

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
sounds like a good deal, well done! Will be a nice ride with rims, exhaust and maybe a little lower to the ground:p . I just ordered a set of CV8R rims for my VS, cant wait to get them on it.
PS. As long as you dont drive like a d*#@head and you shouldnt attract too much attention from the law.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Yeah man those rims will look sweet on your car!!!!
Nah no ******** driving for me - I realise that it is a privilage to drive and with that comes responsibility!!

ps. does anyone know how much it will roughly cost to lower my car?

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
Im looking at lowering mine too. How low do u wanna go. With low springs you might be able to keep ya shocks, but super lows u will probably need shocks to suit, which makes it a fair bit more expensive. From what i have seen, u are looking at 2 or 3 hundred for lows (plus fitting). My dads a mechanic so i dont have to pay labour :D.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Yeah I'm not too sure about exactly how low yet.....will have to start thinking about it a bit more and do some research. Also any brands you can recommend?

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Koni :D *enough characters to allow post*

Dougeh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive
very nice score :) congrats, post up some pics etc? :p

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
heh i waited till i got off my P's before getting my sports exhaust ( though in honesty it was because i couldnt save the $280 lol ) but on the bright side i've only been randomly pulled up once ( had a car load of mates, coming home from a work function ) and once for being a idiot, walked away from that one less $150 and 3 demerits, and i got off lightly, what with the hoon laws and the reason i was pulled up wasnt a good one either... but other than that i've tried to keep my nose clean and havent been hassled

but my biggest cheat is in that my car with its roobar and louvre, not to mention 99% stock thoughout, simply doesnt attract attention.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
hmmmm......I'm hoping that as long as I dont drive like a di**head our 'friends' will leave me alone. Although I'm sure that will all change once i have a new exhaust etc etc.