Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2R

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Ute/ 2016 VF2 SS-V Redline
Awesome first car Sam ( my first was a Hillman Super Minx lol). It looks great..love the colour. That's something to be proud of.. even more so because you worked hard and saved to buy it. Adding things and changing bits to reflect your personality is addictive..keep working and saving

Reactions: Lex

jvt38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT calais
Hey guys, (sorry this is a long one)
I don't think anyone will really be interested, but I'm so excited i wanted to share with you guys.
I've been working after school and on the weekends for many years now and have finally turned 18. I had saved up quite alot as I rarely ever spent my money.
I started looking around carsales and other marketplaces for a commodore (my father drives one and i fell inlove with it during my Ls driving and knew i wanted a commodore). Anyway I am proud to say with the money i had saved I recently purchased my VE Sv6 2012 series 2 commodore.
I am absolutely in love with it, especially the amazing chlorophyll colour which changes from blue to more green in the sunlight.
I have blacked out all the badging on the car along with the chrome strip that runs along the back, i feel it really improves the look of the car, especially the rear, i have attached before and after photos so please feel free to give any feedback. Please keep inmind that i never use the towbar however I want to keep it on just incase someone rear ends me to reduce the damage to my car, and i also dont mind how it looks (alot of my mates have told me to take it off).
I am planning to replace the stock tail lights with the SSV ones, the stock red ones on the blue looks pretty bad in my opinion.
Thank you for reading :)
thats killa good onyou bro

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
Nice car, better then what we all had to drive on our P's for sure.

Challenge will be keeping it clean looking, remember It's not a JDM car

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
I'd have left the chrome alone. Maybe not if I was 18. It was all about adding a custom touch that was different, not because it looked better. Some like the cheap and tacky effect, plenty of them at the shops. Anything reversible is a bonus. Lovely car. Spoilt these days, the only option my car came with was a white 2-tone roof over the horrible brown. Customised by removing the dinged hubcaps.

Reactions: Lex

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
my first was a Hillman Super Minx lol
Mine was a 1967 Singer Gazelle, similar car if I remember. Was a semi rust bucket when I bought it in 1975 for 45 quid. I think that and the Hillman Minx shared a lot of the same parts.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Mine was a 1967 Singer Gazelle, similar car if I remember. Was a semi rust bucket when I bought it in 1975 for 45 quid. I think that and the Hillman Minx shared a lot of the same parts.
Through the Rootes Group?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Sam hasn't been around for a while. His dream car may be a soot blowing 4WD dual cab by now.