Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sam_holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2012, series 2
What method did you use to black out the badges?
I used black plastidip. Says it should last around 3 years if taken care of. I'll attach a picture of the process. Highly recommend the stuff.
20210818_230459.jpg

PaulMcGTS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Special Vehicles GTS 2007 VE Sedan 6.0 i V
Hey guys, (sorry this is a long one)
I don't think anyone will really be interested, but I'm so excited i wanted to share with you guys.
I've been working after school and on the weekends for many years now and have finally turned 18. I had saved up quite alot as I rarely ever spent my money.
I started looking around carsales and other marketplaces for a commodore (my father drives one and i fell inlove with it during my Ls driving and knew i wanted a commodore). Anyway I am proud to say with the money i had saved I recently purchased my VE Sv6 2012 series 2 commodore.
I am absolutely in love with it, especially the amazing chlorophyll colour which changes from blue to more green in the sunlight.
I have blacked out all the badging on the car along with the chrome strip that runs along the back, i feel it really improves the look of the car, especially the rear, i have attached before and after photos so please feel free to give any feedback. Please keep inmind that i never use the towbar however I want to keep it on just incase someone rear ends me to reduce the damage to my car, and i also dont mind how it looks (alot of my mates have told me to take it off).
I am planning to replace the stock tail lights with the SSV ones, the stock red ones on the blue looks pretty bad in my opinion.
Thank you for reading :)
Well done mate! I wish I had a bit more discipline when I was your age because my first car was a piece of **** LC Torana that vibrated so hard when you hit around 80 my mates and I use to crack up laughing. Fixed it up in the end though...lol

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I don't think anyone will really be interested, but I'm so excited i wanted to share with you guys.
I've been working after school and on the weekends for many years now and have finally turned 18. I had saved up quite alot as I rarely ever spent my money.
I started looking around carsales and other marketplaces for a commodore (my father drives one and i fell inlove with it during my Ls driving and knew i wanted a commodore). Anyway I am proud to say with the money i had saved I recently purchased my VE Sv6 2012 series 2 commodore.
I am absolutely in love with it, especially the amazing chlorophyll colour which changes from blue to more green in the sunlight.
I have blacked out all the badging on the car along with the chrome strip that runs along the back, i feel it really improves the look of the car, especially the rear, i have attached before and after photos so please feel free to give any feedback. Please keep inmind that i never use the towbar however I want to keep it on just incase someone rear ends me to reduce the damage to my car, and i also dont mind how it looks (alot of my mates have told me to take it off).
I am planning to replace the stock tail lights with the SSV ones, the stock red ones on the blue looks pretty bad in my opinion.
Great car and how much did you pay? How many kilometres? Take care of it and you should be fine but DO NOT put a bad sounding exhaust on it!

Enjoy

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Great car and how much did you pay? How many kilometres? Take care of it and you should be fine but DO NOT put a bad sounding exhaust on it!

Enjoy
Lol. The OP posted this nearly ten months ago. PROBABLY TOO LATE WITH YOUR COMMAND!:)

PaulMcGTS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oops... He's probably already put that exhaust, lol...
And whatever it is that makes sort of a do, do douv, weird vacuum type noise. F**ked if I know what it actually is but it's clutch related...lol

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
And whatever it is that makes sort of a do, do douv, weird vacuum type noise. F**ked if I know what it actually is but it's clutch related...lol
V6 Commodore's (particularly 3.6 litres) sound like they're doing a huge fart as they take off at the lights or go over a speed bump... The owners think their car sounds like a V8...

john10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive ii 5.7L
Good onya

PaulMcGTS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Commodore's (particularly 3.6 litres) sound like they're doing a huge fart as they take off at the lights or go over a speed bump... The owners think their car sounds like a V8...
V8's must sound different to gen zérs lol What I was talking about is some sort of hydraulic or may'be even pneumatic noise made when the car changes gear. Sort of a duv, duv, duv weird arse noise. I briefly googled it with no luck.