Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Finally got my replacement engine !!!!

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
IMG_2527.JPG
Well after keeping an eye out at the Damaged Vehicle Auctions for about a a year and constantly being disappointed with idiots paying just way over the odds for vehicles that will never go back on the road again, I've finally managed to secure a 5/97 build VS Series II Acclaim wagon with a mere 98,000km on it for an affordable $400.

This one isn't actually damaged in any major way but had a small love tap in the RHR corner which has done nothing more than tear the RHR bar cover corner off. But the main thing wrong with it is that it's Moroccan Sand in colour and has never spent a day in it's life undercover so you'll all understand at what condition the paint is on this vehicle. I'll go as far as saying it's probably the worst example that I've ever seen of either Moroccan Sand or Heather Mist / Frost.

The interior is in excellent shape and the seats certainly prove that it's done only the 98,000K's that it's showing, also the odometer is still working and as such there's no evidence that it's been tampered with at any stage. Even the steering wheel hasn't broken loose as they normally do. No rust whatsoever in the LHF door lower seem section either.

It'll be sad to tear this one down but the shape of all the outer body area is simply appalling and it'll take another 20 years before this one would be in the classification of a Low Km barn find as it looks like it's been sitting in a chook shed already for the last 20 years.

If I could work out how to put images up on to this site without using a URL then I'd be able to show how bad this one really is.

Anyway this should be a great Engine for the wife's nice Series II Acclaim sedan that's never been quite the same after it got badly cooked some years ago on a 43 degree day and suffered badly from a lot of camshaft noise since.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
To upload a picture click on the "Upload a File" button found at the bottom RH side of the post box right next to the "Post Reply" button :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
To add to Immortalitys post if the file is too big shrink it by emailing it to yourself and select large.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Download a free application called "Irfanview" to adjust/display any pictures.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_2532 - Copy.JPG
View attachment 203804 Hi all,

Thank you so much for giving me the heads up on the "more options" then "Upload File" tab.

it works a treat as you can all see.

Cheers,
VSL

Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Honestly I can't believe this is a genuine 98,000K's as it looks like 598,000ks on the outside. The roof is the worst I've ever seen on any clear coat car. The interior certainly reflects the lower figure and after I got it started today it certainly sounds all of 98,000k's. Everything is still original right down to the black plastic fuse puller that was still clipped in the lower dash access panel.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I was watching that VS on the Pickles app. It did look like a pig outside from the pictures and just thought the speedo was busted. Good pickup for $400.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Woteva,
That's another sign of it's correct speedo reading, the odometer is still functioning. When the trip meter is sitting on 000 you instantly know that the odometer drive gears are busted and thus you'd have no idea as to it's genuine mileage, but this one is still perfectly intact.

I always find that the best barometer to use is look at the seats as they paint the picture of how much usage the vehicle has had. The only thing not working is the hazzard lights and the A/C. Being that it was a Port Augusta Government car in it's first life I'm sure the A/C got a good work out and thus will be suffering from the dreaded front pipe rot inside the "P" Clip on the front rad panel.

I'll post up a good photo of the roof skin to show what I feel is the worst case of clear coat peel I've ever seen. How Holden ever got away with this crap out of their so-called state of the art NEPS (New Enamel Paint Shop) is beyond me as they should've been forced to refinish all these affected cars.