Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Finally My New VF Redline Arrives

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
I've noticed that a good percentage of the people that don't like the VF have been VY owners. Strange considering the VY looks like a VX that has been placed in a car crusher and had its boot cut off with a circular saw.

cfour

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coming Soon
Grats on the car, looks good with the black rims, mine is still 6 weeks away :(

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Nice man!! I still have to wait another month for mine. I got the black. Not keen on the chrome rims, but hopefully they grow on me. Congrats

I was going to order the black as well but found out you could only get the chrome rims. They should have only had the black rims. Maybe it's because the US like everything chrome?

Gaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Sounds different from a Mazda / Faster than a Mazda / More Looks than a Mazda / Err and I am not Gay!

Gaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Thats what they kept telling me mate! - I was just about to change to a Black one and change the wheels to Black when they said at the last minute "We found a White One" All up mine took 7 weeks from order. The dealer told me there is a wait all over AU for around 150 days for White, Red, Silver and Fantale - One thing in common with all these colours! The Black Wheels!

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Thats what they kept telling me mate! - I was just about to change to a Black one and change the wheels to Black when they said at the last minute "We found a White One" All up mine took 7 weeks from order. The dealer told me there is a wait all over AU for around 150 days for White, Red, Silver and Fantale - One thing in common with all these colours! The Black Wheels!

That makes sense. Mine has taken 8 weeks and I will finally pick it up today!

Gaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Ah - you would not believe the crap I have had about the mud flaps! Problem is I live in Country Vic and the roads are Shite - pot holes, patch ups, mud, red mud, Tar and all other crap! at 1000 kms already had the lay bar to each arse end fender removing tar spots and would have been 50 times worse if not for the flaps!

Shane-0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I've noticed that a good percentage of the people that don't like the VF have been VY owners. Strange considering the VY looks like a VX that has been placed in a car crusher and had its boot cut off with a circular saw.

I must be the odd one out, Ordered a VF Redline to replace my 10 year old VY SS. ;)
At first I did hate the back end, Those tail lights just looked odd. Then I realised that I also hated the VY triangle tail lights when it came out but I ended up buying one. lol
After seeing the VF lights lit up it actually looks quite good, Doesn't look like Mazda when it's lit up. Wasn't keen on lip spoiler also as I have the big fat spoiler on VY, But the lip has grown on me and VF will have the lip. Lip looks good on lowered(not too much) cars with right rims.

Shane-0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I was going to order the black as well but found out you could only get the chrome rims. They should have only had the black rims. Maybe it's because the US like everything chrome?

Yeah biggest mistake on Holden's part, So many are after the black rims as am I.
Even offered dealer a bit more money but nope, No can do!
Some dealers said if they had another in stock they might be able to swap over, But the dealer I bought from said no. Reason is if they swap over and someone else comes in and wants to buy the other car, They will be like hang on didn't that one come with the black rims, I want the standard black rims. makes sense
I wanted black on black look for this ride, Now have a hard time finding black rims I like that will suit staggered set up and keep the same profile, So far the only ones I have found(and liked) are 20's would prefer to stay at 19's so I don't have to recalibrate speedo and lower it even more, Don't want it looking like an SUV.
Maybe series 2 they will offer what customers want, rim choice, paddle shifters like US version, LS3.