Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Finally picked her up!

S

Spiral

Hey there, I finally (after about 3 weeks of waiting) picked her up on Frinday afternoon! Jumped in and blasted up to Darwin and back (it cruises at 150-160 without any effort what so ever). My god, what a difference from the VN! I knew there would be one, but just not so much.

Here's a pic. It's stock... for now. First thing I'm doing is adding 2 x 10inch subs and a 4ch amp plus installing an K&N air filter.

Woo Hoo! I'm in love all over again! ~tic~

vyfront.jpg

interior.jpg

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Good to hear mate. Would have been a long wait i can bet from when you first saw it till when you got to pick her up i know waiting a week for me from when i looked at my VS to picking it up it seemed like for ever.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Think we need a jealous smily hehehe ;)

S

Spiral

You're right, it was a damn long wait, but well worth it in the end. ~grinning~ Now I just have to figure out if I can install subs and an amp to the existing head unit without too much trouble. I really don't want to rip out the factory head unit and loose the original look too much.

Will be driving her from Darwin to Canberra in a month, I'll be smiling all the way! :D

Cheers.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Ummmmmm what model is it mate :hit:
S, SS??
Kitted Exec??

S

Spiral

AirStrike, It an S model mate. Sorry, but I thought I said that. Must have been either a blonde moment or a Monday morning thing I guess. ~LOL~

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
S/C'ed or just an ecotech?? How bout some donk show ;)

S

Spiral

Is this what you're looking for mate? ~LOL~ It's not supercharged (I wish!) and it might all seem a little too stock and boring for some, but I can tell you I'm luvin' it all the same. I don't really want to change too much at all apart from putting in the subs, amp and K&N... after that I might be looking at talking the wife into giving me the funds for some 18 inch SS rims... but that won't be til later.

I'm gonna have it if I have to rip out the original stereo though... I don't wanna mess with the original look at all if I can work it. Boring eh? ~LOL~

vyfront2.jpg

vyrear.jpg

engine.jpg

engine2.jpg