Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Finding the right paint

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
I have been trying for a few weeks now to fix a few stone chips in the front of my bonnet but am having trouble finding a brand that matches my paint.

My car is heron white and have tried 2 brands, powerplus and something else cant remember:bang:.

Does anyone know of a brand of paint that has a heron white that comes anywhere near the same as the stock paint or is this an impossible task.

Cheers

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Does anyone know if holden sell the herron white in the smallish spray cans like autobarn do?

Or would autobarn be able to match the herron white properly?

Last edited:

Tuttle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
i will go to holden either today or tomorrow and find out.

a mate also suggested a paint shop, like solver or the like, and get them to match it. this would mean removing something like the fuel cap and taking it in so they could match it

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
if you go to a paint shop just get the paint code and they should be right.

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt clubsport replica
yeah u can get it from paint code but how perfect is the origianl color, as white stains etc over time so even if u got a new batch of herin white it may be brighter then the origianl.. so either match ya fuel cap at paint shop or get some cutting compound on the rest of the car to bring it back to its true colour again

Tuttle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
yeah u can get it from paint code but how perfect is the origianl color, as white stains etc over time so even if u got a new batch of herin white it may be brighter then the origianl.. so either match ya fuel cap at paint shop or get some cutting compound on the rest of the car to bring it back to its true colour again

this is exactly my problem

going to car shops with the paint code is fine and thats what i have done but the white is brighter than my car becuase it is fadded over 4 years, this is why taking the fuel cap and getting a match is hopefully going to work better