Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First 1000 Kms VF SSV Redline - FIRST THOUGHTS

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I can't believe the non-adjustable seat belt height in an SSV!

...But good to hear they've finally sorted out the crappy stereo sound quality issues... in the sedans at least..
They should be even in the base taxi spec.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I can't believe the non-adjustable seat belt height in an SSV!

My other car has the opposite - world's most complicated self approximating typically German method of complicating a toothpick - when a cut fluffy slip over the seatbelt does wonders, and keeps the fine folk at Lions Den in business.

Gaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
ALLRIGHT!!!! "suede on the dash, not swede" we need spell check on the forums!
Holden would definitely "troll" sites like this through a third party like "media monitors" for the responses and other issues - in today's age this type of feedback is a huge gift!
Yes, my wife's Barina (New CDX) has seat warmers, adjustable seat belts, adjustable head rests in the back. But every non addition of parts like this add big dollars in the production. One more really anal thing! Have a look at the material in the wheel guards it is like a carpet kind of fabric - really hard to clean and captures all the crap!
Still really happy though

Gaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
yep busted! I scored V8SSVF
Bit of an ego thing but I thought what the hell I am on the wrong side of 40 and the right side of 50 - if I cant have a toy whats the use. Plus just one of my gripes I hate seeing really nice cars with standard (Victorian Blue and White rego plates) just looks cheap. Some on this forum reckon its wank but different strokes different blokes. I could have carried over my old Subby plates to the VF (STIWRX) but can you imaging the looks on that one

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
The felt arches are for sound proofing from road noise. Nearly all mid to high end cars have felt in there. They're easy enough to clean if you keep up to it. Most of the crap will blast out with a pressure cleaner.. Otherwise spray some APC in there and blast it out - effectively shampooing it as fabric. A pressure cleaner is a must have though to keep them clean. All in all, I find it easier to make felt arches look nicer for longer than plastic - but then acid makes short work of staining on plastic so neither is particularly difficult.

duz10s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Prussian
Calais V has seat warmers hehe

grantisaac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX11
Well i have just gone over 3k on 4 weeks.
1- Pandora and Sticher a waste of time.... I use Tune In and link via Bluetooth
2- The auto wipers are pain. Only have to sneeze on the window
3- The wife is always in it.:blah blah:

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Carpet in the wheel arches?! Does it make a difference?

Actually makes quite a significant difference. Wheel arches are essentially a big resonance chamber for road noise - so insulating them with carpet (vs the previous smooth, echoing plastic) deadens that racket. Think of it like fuzzy dynamat.