Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First 1000 Kms VF SSV Redline - FIRST THOUGHTS

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Gday - 1st 1000 Kms clicked over here is my list of thoughts so far! (SSV Redline with Walkingshaw Cat Back & Tint)
- Great Seats
- Great Wheels (Black)
- Bembos STOP!
- Great Stereo
- Great Handling
- Awesome Comfort
- Just Great Looks
- Plenty of Power
- 15L per 100 (50/50 City & Highway)
- Enjoying the drive - even the Bolte Bridge at 7am!
- So far no issues with Mylink - give Pandora a miss not much chop
- Remote start is cool - especially with the exhaust in car parks when people are walking past - party trick!
- Walkingshaw Cat Back just sounds fantastic and beefy

Things That Would Have Been Nice - or a little better and I am really being picky!

- Seat Warmers (I live in Melbourne) they are pussy but my misses has them on her new Barina they really are nice and keep ya butt warm
- Paddle Shifters - even though the gears appear to kick down when coasting down hill to a stop, almost predictive (some one here might be able to explain this better but there is a definite gear wind down gnarl from the exhaust)
- The Swede on the dash I reckon might get dirty over time and it will be a bugger to clean
- The Swede stripe in the middle of the seat - I reckon the drivers side will get darker over time with dark pants on
- The gear knob could have been a little classier - if you are married your wedding ring will scratch this over time
- 2nd class roads are a bit loud through the tyres
- My biggest grip has to be the reverse camera - on a rainy day or when frosty you cant see **** on the display: This is simply the position of the Camera
- Why don't sedans have just one rear seat that folds down - I think this is just stupid (all sedans)
- Can't adjust seat belt height?
- Bloody VE drivers want to drag you off all the bloody time
- 1000 kms and three offers for my rego plate! - It was arse that I got the plate that I did and already offers over $2500! - might keep it for a while

As you can see I have been really anal - Overall first 1000 kms this is a great car and I am really enjoying the drive: Just back off VE drivers and let me get use to it before I let you see the arse end of the Redline!View attachment 165333

You have a Swedish dude on your dash and seat ?? , that's a different option

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
"Hellooo"
This is Sven, he gives massages while you drive.

Shane-0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Very very nice!
Walkinshaw cat back, 2 1/2 or 3inch?
Reason I ask is I am looking at the W310 pack when I get my redline, Just want to know what the cat back sounds like inside and out if it's too loud or drones?
I know you can get aftermarket for half that price but I also want Walkinshaw on my next ride, Something different. Have full stainless 2 1/2 di filippo system on my VY SS and it sounds bloody great, Not too loud to attract attention from cops or annoy neighbours but a nice deep v8 burble!

MtnsVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline wagon
My SSV redline sportswagon has had its 3000 checkup and is running perfectly. Traded up from VE SV6 and the difference inside is chalk and cheese. Very comfortable seats for my tall frame and I love the HUD - really works well.
I like pandora now I have taken the time to setup a few stations of my own and have 15gb of iTunes music on a usb which is working well. Using VR to select an artist or album seems to work very well and also keeps my daughter amused ( added bonus ). Unfortunately she managed to talk me into sync-ing her ipad via bluetooth so now I get her music or movies overteh system. Might have to delete that source and blame gremlins.
Interested in comments re the cat back - the standard car is just too damn quiet.
Great car, excellent value for money and perfect car for me.

Shane-0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Nice to hear it's running well and also another V8 convert, Decent upgrade from SV6 to Redline! :)
I forgot about the voice recognition in VF. Being a gadget freak I look forward to trying it out also.

Gaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hi Shane - went the 2.5 on the Cat Back - done 2200 Kms now and it is nice! - I drove the 310 with the full kit and, Bloody Hell, far too loud for me. The Headers make the inside so loud you have to turn up the radio! For me it was just too much and too loud. I dont get any drone and it sounds best down low. I really do recommend the Cat Back. I am in two minds now wether to do the cold air intake and have it tuned - apparently you will push the 295 to 305 on the Dyno with this and the cat back and it adds some induction sound!

Shane-0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Thanks for replying, Especially about the W310 pack! That is what I am worried about, It might be a bit too loud this so called added "growl", Read on news about possible new laws being introduced in Victoria that are even tougher in regards to exhaust noise/emissions. Would hate to pay 6 odd grand for pack only to have epa/cops/vic roads tell me it needs to come off! I'll post a link if anyone is interested,

No Cookies | Herald Sun

I would get the cai and tune, Be like having a clubsport on the cheap. ;)

Travisty10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SSV Redline
I have the red ssv redline and have just clicked over 3000kms. I would agree with you regarding the paddle shifter, the split fold rear seat thing, the gear knob and wedding rings dont mix well, handling and performance is pretty good. I would disagree with bose audio as i think it sounds pretty ordinary( my wife has bose in her mazda cx9, and it sounds alot better).

I haven't done the exhaust as yet, but been thinking a small upgrade would be worth while.

Gaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
And I also understand the 310 full pack does not meet noise guidelines already so if they are going to get tougher then the 310 will be over the pits for sure. Dont get me wrong it goes hard but seriously how much power and noise do you really want - I draw enough attention to myself now!

Gaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Thanks - I have to admit though I am coming from an ordinary audio system so the Bose is good for me! I am about to do an update on the first 3000 kms now