Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First 1000 Kms VF SSV Redline - FIRST THOUGHTS

Gaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Gday - 1st 1000 Kms clicked over here is my list of thoughts so far! (SSV Redline with Walkingshaw Cat Back & Tint)
- Great Seats
- Great Wheels (Black)
- Bembos STOP!
- Great Stereo
- Great Handling
- Awesome Comfort
- Just Great Looks
- Plenty of Power
- 15L per 100 (50/50 City & Highway)
- Enjoying the drive - even the Bolte Bridge at 7am!
- So far no issues with Mylink - give Pandora a miss not much chop
- Remote start is cool - especially with the exhaust in car parks when people are walking past - party trick!
- Walkingshaw Cat Back just sounds fantastic and beefy

Things That Would Have Been Nice - or a little better and I am really being picky!

- Seat Warmers (I live in Melbourne) they are pussy but my misses has them on her new Barina they really are nice and keep ya butt warm
- Paddle Shifters - even though the gears appear to kick down when coasting down hill to a stop, almost predictive (some one here might be able to explain this better but there is a definite gear wind down gnarl from the exhaust)
- The Swede on the dash I reckon might get dirty over time and it will be a bugger to clean
- The Swede stripe in the middle of the seat - I reckon the drivers side will get darker over time with dark pants on
- The gear knob could have been a little classier - if you are married your wedding ring will scratch this over time
- 2nd class roads are a bit loud through the tyres
- My biggest grip has to be the reverse camera - on a rainy day or when frosty you cant see **** on the display: This is simply the position of the Camera
- Why don't sedans have just one rear seat that folds down - I think this is just stupid (all sedans)
- Can't adjust seat belt height?
- Bloody VE drivers want to drag you off all the bloody time
- 1000 kms and three offers for my rego plate! - It was arse that I got the plate that I did and already offers over $2500! - might keep it for a while

As you can see I have been really anal - Overall first 1000 kms this is a great car and I am really enjoying the drive: Just back off VE drivers and let me get use to it before I let you see the arse end of the Redline! photo.jpg

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Can't adjust seat belt height is a bit strange i think

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Its the same driveline as the VE so I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself about showing the arse end. And I think you mean suede on the dash, not swede. Unless you have a tall, blond haired Nordic person on the dash.

Regardless, I like the look of the SSV's in white. Throw some more detailed pics up, including the interior.

Evil Empire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
I thought Swede's were generally a fairly hygienic people, so they should keep themselves clean over time. With that being said, if you were one of the unlucky one's to get a dirty Swede over time, then yes, I would agree, that they may not be the easiest to clean given their general large frames. Would definitely be a two sponge job!

Just teasing mate! Couldn't help myself. Nice ride, and good summary. Do you think Holden would consider this type of feedback and rectify a few of these issues in the series II?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
my ex was a swede and she was easy to clean and maintain.

cfour

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coming Soon
Thanks for the write-up Gaz, can't wait for mine to arrive :)

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Agree that all VF's should have seat belt height adjustment. This is a safety issue and when that the Calais V has it standard I cannot understand such a safety feature is not standard across the board. The same can be said about adjustable rear headrests. The crappy Barina's has both standard. Come on Holden you can do better and earlier model commodores had these features.

Also agree about the suede being a cleaning issue. I do wonder what the interior designer was thinking when she created the interior design.

Love the VF overall just my small gripe

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
plenty of fabric protectants that work well on microsuede (it's not suede on the dash or seats, it's synthetic). Just keep away from the oily ones. Makes living with it easy. Microsuede is not a bad interior material to have, similar in feel to Alcantara - not as plush or as fire retardant or as luxurious as Alcantara, but no where near as expensive either. Understand how to care for it (same story goes for leather, carpet and cloth as well) and you'll have no problems

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I can't believe the non-adjustable seat belt height in an SSV!

...But good to hear they've finally sorted out the crappy stereo sound quality issues... in the sedans at least..