Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First 3000 Kms VF SSV Redline - FIRST THOUGHTS

Gaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hi all - following on from my 1st 1,000 kms First Thoughts Thread - here is my 3,000 first thoughts!
OK - essentially the same as the first 1,000 first thoughts with some other things to note:

- Pairing (Iphone 5) with Mylink - every 5 days or so I have to re-pair the phone and Mylink. Not sure if this is the phone or Mylink but I have to go into my phone and "Forget This Device" and then re-pair again. Pain in the Arse as it will drop off without you knowing.
- Still miss paddle shifts
- The Cat Back has definitely got louder but is so sweet
- You cant leave your sunroof open and turn the ignition off i.e.: stop the car in your Garage with the roof open (bit of fresh air into the car) it closes automatically - Err Why?
- About 5 times I have had a warning in centre display - An Image of a Spanner and the message "Check Steering Column Lock" no idea what this means but still driving and it will disappear when I toggle between the various read outs.
- Average fuel 13.5 in 3000 Kms - put your foot into her and you gonna pay serious coin though
- I will be giving it a clay bar and polish soon - there is "orange peel" paint on flat surfaces. I have always given my cars a really good polish after the first few thousand
- Have not played with Siri yet - RTFM allot more to understand
- Love the Blind Spot warnings - these are really good in rain, night time changing lanes no more looking over your shoulder
- The collision alert is a bit of BS though - if you are doing say 60 around a corner and a car is parked on the shoulder the collision alert sends a shudder through the car and red car crash image comes up on the Head Up Display - Give me a break do people drive around with their head up their arse ------ Err yes sorry they do in big Yellow Melbourne Falcons
- The Reverse park assist cant be bothered just know how to reverse park in the first place
- Just me, BUT the windscreen just seems harder to clean off bugs and crap? - seriously I am forever cleaning the screen. Not sure the wipers are much chop though
- SEE I AM GETTING REALLY ANAL NOW
- Still a really enjoyable drive though
- You know how a car just seems to have its own personality though, my little bitch seems to not want to go sometimes - just lazy - Easily fixed! - push the traction control twice and the thing goes a little mental - this is fun time on country roads - not in the wet though you will kiss a widow maker quick smart if you dont know how to handle problems

Off for the first 3000 service - I think they lift the bonnet and "yes there is an engine in there" thanks Sir and goodby photo.jpg

Gday - 1st 1000 Kms clicked over here is my list of thoughts so far! (SSV Redline with Walkingshaw Cat Back & Tint)
- Great Seats
- Great Wheels (Black)
- Bembos STOP!
- Great Stereo
- Great Handling
- Awesome Comfort
- Just Great Looks
- Plenty of Power
- 15L per 100 (50/50 City & Highway)
- Enjoying the drive - even the Bolte Bridge at 7am!
- So far no issues with Mylink - give Pandora a miss not much chop
- Remote start is cool - especially with the exhaust in car parks when people are walking past - party trick!
- Walkingshaw Cat Back just sounds fantastic and beefy

Things That Would Have Been Nice - or a little better and I am really being picky!

- Seat Warmers (I live in Melbourne) they are pussy but my misses has them on her new Barina they really are nice and keep ya butt warm
- Paddle Shifters - even though the gears appear to kick down when coasting down hill to a stop, almost predictive (some one here might be able to explain this better but there is a definite gear wind down gnarl from the exhaust)
- The Swede on the dash I reckon might get dirty over time and it will be a bugger to clean
- The Swede stripe in the middle of the seat - I reckon the drivers side will get darker over time with dark pants on
- The gear knob could have been a little classier - if you are married your wedding ring will scratch this over time
- 2nd class roads are a bit loud through the tyres
- My biggest grip has to be the reverse camera - on a rainy day or when frosty you cant see **** on the display: This is simply the position of the Camera
- Why don't sedans have just one rear seat that folds down - I think this is just stupid (all sedans)
- Can't adjust seat belt height?
- Bloody VE drivers want to drag you off all the bloody time
- 1000 kms and three offers for my rego plate! - It was arse that I got the plate that I did and already offers over $2500! - might keep it for a while

As you can see I have been really anal - Overall first 1000 kms this is a great car and I am really enjoying the drive: Just back off VE drivers and let me get use to it before I let you see the arse end of the Redline!

kyled2012

I.T. Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6
- Love the Blind Spot warnings - these are really good in rain, night time changing lanes no more looking over your shoulder

I may have misread, but from your post it kinda seems like you think Blind-Spot assist is a replacement for checking your blind spot yourself..
This may be convenient, but for the sake of other people's safety, always check over your shoulder when merging.
I'm sure the manual, and any knowledgeable person will tell you the same.

I've already heard of VF computers failing whilst driving, imagine if your blind spot assist failed...
There's a reason it's called Blind-Spot Assist

Anyway, nice write up mate!
Keep them coming!

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Yeah I found the collision alert more distracting and more chance of causing an accident. Especially when it would go off when I am changing lanes and am nowhere near another car in the lane I am about to go into. I tried it on all three distance settings and it was crap. It is now permanently switched off.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Are we to expect a first 5000k's thread a swell as a first 10000k's thread too?

Last edited:

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
^^^ Lol. I should start my own first 175,000 km VY thread.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 4

cfour

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coming Soon
Thanks for keeping us informed, might be better just editing your existing thread title and just updating the first post.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
In regards to the sunroof, it's should say in the manual how to keep the sunroof open after the ignition is off.. From memory the ve/wm's are push the dial in within x amount of seconds and it will stay open.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Hi Black X

The collision alert is most likely been triggered as you were probably accelerating while changing lanes. If this was the case you most likely too close for the car in front. It can be useful and at least it can be turned off and it does not brake for you. It does when triggered disable the cruise control and primed the brake system ready for usage.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Hi Black X

The collision alert is most likely been triggered as you were probably accelerating while changing lanes. If this was the case you most likely too close for the car in front. It can be useful and at least it can be turned off and it does not brake for you. It does when triggered disable the cruise control and primed the brake system ready for usage.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Hi Black X

There was no car in front of me in the lane I was moving to. What it was doing was picking up cars in the 3rd lane across, not realising that you are actually turning into the middle lane.