Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First Breakdown!! Starter Motor

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
believe it or not this is first real problem with the car (other than wear and tear) starter motor died (checked clutch switch etc -hoping!!) anyway try finding one to suit an 08/06 VE SS F**K me went to half a dozen different places and couldn't get one (even Holdens not in QLD) finally got one from an auto elec wholesaler for $285 (and mine was a genuine part sealed box etc-go figure) (he had 8 of them) but on my info/fact finding tour of all threads/posts/sites to fix starting issue found out that up to 06/2008 had one starter and after a different one also the same starter is used on quite a few different models etc (have posted attachment so more info for all) just thought i would post this info up for all

Attachments

• Holden Commodore GEN 3starter motor.doc
    22 KB · Views: 408

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
What a bugger!!!

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Thanks for the offer Hexem put new one (once located and picked up), Yeah to true Glenho, took me longer to jack up and put stands on than replacing it (other than the torx screws on the heatsheild) lucky i have aftermarket cats so was able to drop it out without exhaust removal took about an hour, bit tricky with the loom, you sort of get it halfway out then disconnect the solenoid switch wire (not real long and is combined in loom with oil level switch-pays to disconnet this to) and so the battery feed once out, putting is same, thanks guys