Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First Car, 98 VS ute, dumped on rims and usual p-plater modz..

98commyute

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VS S ute
hey everyone, been viewing this forum for a while and just decided to post up my ride. Bought it from the local holden dealer for 7300. Not bad considering they had 11000 on it. Got my P's about a 6 months ago, since fuel is so expensive and only having a part time job and aslo currently in year 12 havent had time or money to put any further mods on. I'm aslo out of ideas of what to do next when i get some cash,was thinking maybe some vt seats or something? anyways send us some feedback or critism lol hope you's enjoy...

Name: Kyle

Model: 1998 VS S Commodore ute, 160,000 ks on the clock

Colour: Heron white i think it is..

Engine: 3.8 Ecotec v6

Engine Mods: Semi polished plenum cover, and $12 pod filter which i bought for shits and gigs lol

Exhaust: 2.5 inch redback catback system

Rims: 18 inch PDW bboss Eleanor copys

Suspension: Sl up front with "modified" ultras in the rear. Also replaced the shocks with shortened ultima heavy duty shocks and fitted a adjustable panhard rod.

Gearbox: 4 speed auto :(

Diff: Standard L.S.D (never pulls twins though?)

Interior:
Standard s3 s pack trim, Seat covers and vt steering wheel centre.

Exterior: removed tonneau cover hooks, painted door handles white, painted grill white, Tinted tailights, Debadged besides the lion, removed mudflaps and red striping around the ute.

Stereo: Jvc ipod headunit, Crescendo 6.5 inch component speaker system with tweeters mounted on the dash.

Other mods: Replaced headlight globes,parkers etc with white globes, darkest legal window tint, also has a hard cover but i took it off as its a slighty different shade of white and wasn't "smooth" like the other slim line hardtops available.

commos 121.jpgcommos 120.jpgcommos 117.jpgcommos 115.jpgcommos 116.jpgcommos 119.jpg

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
Looking clean mate. Very nice. Those rims suit the vs series and nothing like a slammed vs ute in the rear :) Carefull with the exposed pod cops dont like that much. I should realy get onto mine to ahhaa

Keep it coming mate

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Your differential is most likely worn out if it only spins one wheel mate.

jesse_lankey

what to put here?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S3 Ute
how do you drive it at that height in the rear? it will be riding on bump stops, but nice ute man it looks very neat

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Nice and clean nice pickup mate.
Can you please get some pics with the ute outside I`d like to see a side shot as I was think of colour coding my door handles too.
Cheers Pete.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Absolutely beautiful mate, clean as.
I had mine riding that low for a while too, I also 'modified' my springs.
I found it way too harsh and inconvinient almost to the point where I disliked driving my car...

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Ute looks awesome man.

98commyute

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VS S ute
Cheers guys, yeah i know the pod is illegal to be in the open but ive been pulled over, rbt etc and the cops dont take a second look at my car even though i could be defected for like 5 things lol. My car does have a L.S.D as i got under and checked the diff which has the little lsd tag on it. The ute is alright to drive over semi-smooth roads but where i live every road looks like bomb craters so i get thrown around alot haha. i pretty much in the same boat as you tim, my ute is very rough but i dont want to raise it up anymore lol i guess it comes down to looks vs comfort . got some new pics ill post up in a soon im still a noob so bear with me lol.

98commyute

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VS S ute
New Pictures

commos 2 006.jpgcommos 2 004.jpg

Couldnt upload the rest as they were to large or some ****..