Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First car - exhaust help sv6

Debor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
picking up my first car and it’s a 2010 sv6
Now I’ve heard a lot about them sounding like trash and I understand they can obviously it’s a v6 suck it up, I’m only on my p’s so don’t mention me getting a v8 cheers .
Just looking to make it sound deep and louder than an xforce exhaust nothing to fancy nor expensive and nothing with to much drone.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Sorry not really any good sounds from the alloytec, get a set of SS mufflers is about the best you can do even the non afm muffler are loud and drone

MrWebby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series
I run a Manta cat back 2.5" setup. Gets really deep when you want it, quiet when you need it. Has great tone, on a V6. Speak too I'm Not Abba Fan he's the exhaust guru.

Debor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I run a Manta cat back 2.5" setup. Gets really deep when you want it, quiet when you need it. Has great tone, on a V6. Speak too I'm Not Abba Fan he's the exhaust guru.
How much did the system cost you ? Not really wanting to spend to much I forked out all my savings to buy the ve.

MrWebby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series
How much did the system cost you ? Not really wanting to spend to much I forked out all my savings to buy the ve.
I paid $1350 for the system shipped to Victoria.

If you want something cheaper, try some of Rhino Exhausts diff back options. They cost upto a couple hundred, I don't recommend straight pipes or J pipes, they do drone a lot and they do end up sounding eh.

Rhino had a nice cat back system for about $800 at one stage, don't know if they still do.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Even thought I sell Manta, I believe they are the only system that sounds any good on the V6. I sell them because they are good, I don't recommend them just because I sell them.

The only cheap option is a set of V8 mufflers, but get he ones with the dual outlet from the barrel, not the single that splits into a twin tip.