Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First car for a girl

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
Give her the VK

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
My daughter just got a 2006 Renault scenic. Economical, auto, climate control, electric every thing, good visibility and about 6 million air bags.
What are service and parts costs like though? Wouldnt be as cheap as a small Jap car.

Lancer
Camry
Mirage
Mazda Something
Civic

etc....

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
why does a girl have to drive a crappy fwd with hatches in aus.

Every week i have to pull a girl out of a wrecked one.... damn deathtraps.... well the fwd bit.

The hatch just makes it ass ugly.

HDT4EVER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 V6 VT S2 Custom HSV
Get her a Toyota Corolla 2002 - 2012 They are a fantasic first car for a girl cause thats what my first car was !!!! They are awesome on fuel they dont need that much maintenance just an oil change every 100,000km very easy to handle cause its front wheel drive also got alot of safety features driver and passenger airbags and i think the latest one has side airbags as well if you get the sports edtion you wont go wrong they are a sexy car and you wont have that much problems with it like you would with an Mazda or an hyundai... Diffidently dont get a hyundai they mite have the highest safety rating but they go like ****... Hope this helps and you end up getting her a Toyota !!!!

Last edited:

HDT4EVER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 V6 VT S2 Custom HSV

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
My daughter just got a 2006 Renault scenic. Economical, auto, climate control, electric every thing, good visibility and about 6 million air bags.
What are service and parts costs like though? Wouldnt be as cheap as a small Jap car.

Lancer
Camry
Mirage
Mazda Something
Civic

etc....

Parts and servicing is one par and sometimes cheaper than Toyota. And because they're mostly owned by old people km's are low. Hers is only 24,000km.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
smart fortwo coupe... seen a bunch under 8k...

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Corolla all the way I say.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
thanks everyone, to clear things up, she's my girlfriend, not daughter lol awks!! I'm only 23!! haha. Secondly thanks for all posts, something to look over with her. She wants a jap car just because of reliability, but I have no experience in Asian cars so I'm not much help.

I'll ask her if she wants a manual Goodtimes, but I think she's pretty keen on an auto.

Is hyundai worth a look? All there small cars from around 2000-2006 look pretty ugly. And they all look like death traps. Should have mentioned in the first post safety is a big concern. Why she's leaning towards Jap.