Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First car- VH SL/X

Drift VH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH sl/x
Hey all
Im new to the forums and thought I'd show my car. It's a 82 SL/X which was made into a mockup ss back in the 80's.

Colour: Marinello Red
Bodykit: Genuine HDT group 3 without bonnet scoop, VK group A side skirts
Engine: 253, extractors, 2.5" single exhaust, lumpy cam, total rebuild 20 000 k’s ago
Driveline: Supra 5 speed, Salisbury 10 bolt 3.08 gearing
Brakes: Disc all round, painted calipers
Suspension: King springs front, unsure of rear
Wheels: BSA 17x7 282
Interior: Kenwood headunit, Pioneer 6' front, 6x9's rear, a small boss amp, Formuling steering wheel, Monza gear knob

The car was bought by my brother around 4 years ago. I have always loved the look of VH's and was lately looking for 1 myself, my brother found out and said i could have this one as it was just sitting in the shed, naturally i was pretty chuffed with myself getting it on the cheap. Body condition isn't very nice though.

Well with the nsw p plate laws i have to ditch the V8, The plan is to put a VN series 2 V6 into it while hopefully keeping the supra 5 speed. There’s a fair amount of rust, various dents here and there which is all currently being taken care of, ill see if we can give it a respray while we're at it as some panels are a little faded. Vk indicators, The rear springs need replacing and hopefully by the end of the year 18" wheels. Its an on going project and hopefully i can do some subtle mods to set it apart from the rest. I hope to have much of it done by the time i get my P's next february. :w00t:

sidedd2.png

vhrt1.png

Some may notice no front lip, it was lost....somewhere, a new 1 has allready been bought. And the towbar is also now gone. Better pics will come :D

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
should look at an exemption or something so u dont have to ditch the v8...but yeah it looks nice, cant see any dings or anything in the pics lol.

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
Nice ride mate, it looks good in those pics and seams very clean. If you have any idea what you wont to do to it our wont some help with things on the old girl then just go to the vb-vk related section and ask for it.

Drift VH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH sl/x
Thanks guys, lol yeah, thats the good side of the car, the other side has all the dings. Progress pics up soon :D

VHSLX3300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Pac VH SL/X
looks nice as hopefully no rust ey, always been a fan of the VHs, bought mine only a few months back from some old grandpa type bloke, slowly upgrading its looks on a very tight budget, a v6 conversion would be nice in it good for the cops as well because to them your downsizing the engine from the old 4.2

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
VHSLX3300 said:
a v6 conversion would be nice in it good for the cops as well because to them your downsizing the engine from the old 4.2
Cops, jezzzz they just bug every one on engine size now days when you are on ya P's, man thats all ill get when i get my P's with my 253.