Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First Car - Vz Executive

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
If you just got extractors it would not be any louder but im not sure there would be a big difference in power/torque. Im sure you could get a full exhaust system that is not loud but usually you need a straight through system to get good gains. Any straight through system will be louder then stock.

If you want to tow stuff you should think even more about the VCM tune as the alloytecs have torque management bellow 3k that would affect towing performance.

chickencoop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
You are certainly swaying me towars a VCM tune, When i do get around to putting a towbar on, do i need to worry about the suspesion or any other things that could crop up?

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not sure but i think you can just put the towbar on and start towing right away.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey just check the owners manual it has everything you need to know in the towing section mate:thumbsup:

chickencoop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
yeah have been reading through it slowly, found the section on towing there is a fair bit of information...

boofis

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Executive
same colour as my exec :D bought at roughly the same KM too (I have 55k up on it now). Mines ex-copper though so I've got rear power windows and traction control, and is still under warranty until august :)

Get it tinted, I got midnight express from tint-a-car. Looks sweet. I'm also getting a new set of wheels with rudd money, but I'm just gonna get something stock holden (something calasis/sv6ish).

Also getting phreddys aux-in mod done this week (he's up in Brisbane!) so i'll be happy :D

chickencoop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Mines out of warranty, :( but thats ok, Ive thought about tinting but have seen so many old cars where the tinting has bubbled that it really turns me of it. Im curious however can i ask what tinting did set you back?

I use to drive an 1994 magna, and this thing is a dream compared to that. Im finding myself using any opportunity to drive it. Just backing it out the driveway is a pleasure.

boofis

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Executive
Mines out of warranty, :( but thats ok, Ive thought about tinting but have seen so many old cars where the tinting has bubbled that it really turns me of it. Im curious however can i ask what tinting did set you back?

Tinting wouldn't bubble for ages, long after you've got rid of her :) Mine came with a 15 year warranty. If I'm still driving my car in 15 years something is wrong :p The tinting was $300 if I recall correctly, from Tint-a-car. You could probably get a better price elsewhere....

I must say, do the tint. You'll love it :D

I use to drive an 1994 magna, and this thing is a dream compared to that. Im finding myself using any opportunity to drive it. Just backing it out the driveway is a pleasure.

Haha I know the feeling. I went from a 1993 Toyota Camry with 300,000 k up on it to a 2006 VZ Commodore. Still feels like a limo to me! Mind you, the camry served me well, was a great first car.

chickencoop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
OK heres the first thing that i want to fix..

as you can see in the image(excuse quality taken on my mobile)

the trims have been rubbed away around the A/C controls and also the select buttons on the stock radio have been worn away, what can i do to fix these?

ie can i get new trims/radio face if so where(im in SA) and how much would they be?

web.jpg

thanks