Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First Car - Vz Executive

chickencoop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I have just bought my first car (second hand)and guess what its a holden vz executive 3.6L.

Its a beautiful grey color. thats done 49,000 km.

What should i be looking at doing (service wise) to make sure its up to scratch?

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Oil and filter change, Air filter. If its an auto check the levels and the state of the fluid. The bushes on the front control arm ect start to leak after a certain amount of km's. I just got mine replaced with nolathane and there are no more creaks from the front end.

chickencoop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thanks torana355, Im wondering whether i do it myself or get someone to do it for me..

Im pretty stoked about doin things to it,

The battery i think is on its last legs so that might be the first thing i do, but im thinking about the mods i can do to it.

Anyone got some ideas on upgrades/improvements i can do?

Also On the distance left feature for fuel consumption whats the best distance left people have achieved with a full tank of fuel?

chickencoop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
This is my car, yopu can see me chargeing her at the moment

Photo019.jpg

And another

Photo018.jpg

chickencoop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Not sure yet its a first for me so im lookiong for ideas/suggestions..

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i wish my first car was that nice!! My first car was a crappy camira lol.. As for mods i just got a VCM tune done yesterday for $880 that i would highly recommend. Gives the car torque below 3k.

chickencoop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Ive been saving my penny's for a long time torana355, A very long time...Too long when yopu think about it... But its finally happend..

Thanks for the suggestion ill have to read into it bit, but sounds interesting

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Im new to these new Alloytec Commodores too mate and from what i have read the VCM tune was the best bang for your buck mod i could find. You could get and exhaust system but from my long experience with driving modified cars loud cars attract too much attention from the 50. Ive also read a bit about the two hole airbox mod, though the guys at Castle hill exhaust said they only got 3hp from a custom made OTR style air intake so i don't see the point. I know a K&N air filter will increase the throttle response though.

I don't fully understand your fuel left question?? I know that most of these cars get about a 10l/100km with mixed freeway and suburban driving. I actually got 8.9l/100 on a 100km round trip yesterday. Based on the 75L tank i would assume you could get about 700km's out of a tank with mixed driving. If you are always in start stop traffic then it would drop to 550-650.

chickencoop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
A new exhaust system, would be great, just looking at whats there at them moment is pretty average, My old man got extractors on his old cruiser, made huge difference to low end power. I dont remember them being that much louder though.

So I take it playing arpound with the exhaust on thes things can have a tendancy to make them louder(SIGNIFICANTLY)?

i do have plans to get a tow bar( so i can tow the old mans boat). i know its not a performance thing but its a necesity at this stage... ( I love my fishing to much)