Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

first car

HKTKWG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S series II
hey guys,
new to this site.
first car i'm getting is a 99 VTS series II

its currently stock except for the rims which are some monaro rip off one's which i will proably keep cause they really do look good on the car.
and gives me an extra 4k to spend somewhere else.

the modifications im planning on doing
is getting a 3" full exhaust system,
full sound system,
super low's for rear, and probably low's for the front, or just super low's all round'
paint the calipers to fill in the space of the rims.
tint the rear lights
and a few other minor things on the inside,

anybody got anything else to recommend to do?

will get some pictures up shortly.

jazza15

Jarryd
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II S
Same model as mine :D
Get an LSD, with a VX series 2 onwards rear cradle if your rear camber is visibly poor. If you don't know what I'm talking about here, do a search or look through the last few pages of this.
I don't see any point in doing any engine mods on the V6, but it's your car so of course it's your choice.
Look through this section, the how-to section and other sections for more ideas on what you can do.
Have fun;)

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
welcome your car sounds good. pics will be sweet.

HKTKWG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S series II
Same model as mine :D
Get an LSD, with a VX series 2 onwards rear cradle if your rear camber is visibly poor. If you don't know what I'm talking about here, do a search or look through the last few pages of this.
I don't see any point in doing any engine mods on the V6, but it's your car so of course it's your choice.
Look through this section, the how-to section and other sections for more ideas on what you can do.
Have fun;)

yehh,
im just taking my old mans for my 18th, but i dont get any cashh to put towards its so its ocming out my own pocket,
dont wanna sound like a snobby kid that his parents buy him everything, haha !
but as i was saying im getting my old mans so i cant look for one with LSD just gotta take it as is (N)

only want the exaust system to give it that extra bwaaaaaaaaaaap haha :)
and dont want some muffler tip to make it sound decent when it goes but when its on idle it sounds tinny/wanker as, so yeeea.

cant wait to get my license.
thanks

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Have a look through the my ride section and see what others have done, that is always helpful when you are a but stuck for ideas.
3" exhaust on the v6 is overkill and you will get sick of the drone pretty quick

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
congrats on the car champ. as philthy says a 3" system is overboard. You wont get that nice 'bwaaaaaap' sound, you'll just get a try hard excessively loud 'bluuurrrr'. Bad drone. Get a set of pacemakers and a tidy 2.5" either straight through or to keep the cops off ya get a small muffler on it. Think catbak have a decent 2.5" system. As i did, your ideas will consistently change for what you want. Dont listen to people telling you to not doing any engine work on the 6, its always nice to know you have a little more kick when needed. But in that respect, limit yourself aswell. Exhaust, rockers, CAI and a memcal should be about the tops unless you wanna start going comp v6 or pulling cops... Also be careful on the light tinting, seen a few boys getting done for it lately. If you MUST do it, dont go overkill.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
hey man

get a redback 2.5 system with some pacemakers, sounds good

add a CAI, Roller rockers, Tune, shift kit (if auto) and it shudnt go too bad

if ur really keen, you can look into the products that MACE has

good luck

HKTKWG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S series II
thanks for the feed back guys !
and for the light tinting- my mate has been dicked a fair few times but his were real dark,
im not going to go like full black jsut to get a little bit darker for a darker look,
not going like full chrome, keeping it dark with the black rims and stuff.

does anyone know where to get any interior too?
maybe the VX calais one ?
or just hunt ebay till some comes available?

thank you for the advice/help everybody.