Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First Car.

MattaY[s2]

BEA5TN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Executive
G'day =)

So I'm new to this forum and if i'm posting this in the wrong section let me know. So i been looking around more then usual lately for my first car and I was just wondering if you guys would be able to steer me in the right direction.
I turn 18 in July so i'll be needing a car. I want to get a either a VT or VX reason being my brother has a vs exec so i dont want the same as him and i dont really like that car... and anything older then that is just too old especially for a first car. I looked at VZ's but there just too expensive for me at the moment..So the VT or VX is what i set down on.
I've heard that if i want to get a VT make sure its a series II as the first one had a lot of bugs with Axel or something and to be safer I was told the VX because its the same chassis as the VT but has less bugs..

SO having said all that i want a VT or VX MANUAL! my dad told me no more then 150k KMS but from what i seen i have no chance of getting one with that little

so whats the ideal KM'S for a VT/VX to have and at what price?

P.S I hope i made sence lol..

MATT

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
kms arnt ever really that important, some people buy a car just because it has low kms and it has heaps of other problems, where as some cars with heaps of kms just wont die and last for years longer, what was your price range you were looking at? because most vt's i see are $4000+

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
You'll pay lot's of money for a manual with that little kms. I'd say the average kms of vt-vx's are around 200 thousand. Also almost everyone who owns a manual know's that they are saught after so raise the price by a fair amount. If you or any family or close friends are mechanically minded i'd seriously consider doing a manual conversion. Also a late model vs would still be a good car granted that it's been looked after because the ectoec's take a fair bit to kill them, but i can understand you not wanting the same car as your brother. Do a search also using the search function on the top right. There's been a few threads with people asking the same question :)