Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

first car?

which car should be my first?

• VL

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • VS

Votes: 38 71.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
My family (besides me) have forever owned fords and never had problems my mums EF lasted 400 000 + before she sold it with the only things going whrong the water pump and starter motor. Maybe dont thrash cars and you wont have a problem?

I know this is a commodore forum

She was lucky with her EF. Back in the day EF/L Falcons had chronic head gaskit problems around 75 - 110,000 km. Both my EF & EL's let go, as did most of the others in the fleet. It was not really a matter of being thrashed but poor head stud selection back at the factory as they were torqued beyond their elastic limit and thus it was only a matter of time for them to fail.

Reaper

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
id go the vs as you will get a nice one for the price you want to spend and parts are alot easier to get they and feel alot better to drive,as much as i like vls they are hard to find ones that havent already had the arse kaned out of them by several p platers are known for alot of rust around the windows and are getting harder to get parts for.