Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First time camping

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
I'm looking at going camping for 4 nights in ulladulla at the end of january. Basically im going with my girlfriend and iv'e never even gone camping before, let alone put up a tent. I'm just after advice on what to take, i don't want top of the range gear. Also we won't be cooking or eating there just basically sleeping on a powered sight in a holiday park. Also after tips and what sorts of things to take aswell. Any help appreciated

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
check that all items for tent are in the bag. dont want to get allthe way there to find. damn no pegs.
at home blow up the inflatable matress if your sleeping on one. nothing worse then blowing it up one night. then waking up the next morning flat on the ground below.

pack a first aid kit, and mozi repelant (youll want this).
a lantern (battery powered) or torches. for just incase. even if its a little pocket one.

all i can really think of for now. seeing you wont need all the cooking gear.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Also we won't be cooking or eating there just basically sleeping on a powered sight in a holiday park.

can't call that camping
if you're only sleeping there then take a tent,tent poles,pegs,ropes and a hammer to knock the pegs in
air mattress,sleeping bag and pillows
torches and an esky for drinks and camping chairs

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Have a practice run at putting up your tent at home so you dont look like an idiot when you get to the camping ground. You want a swag or air mattress and sleeping bag, esky for drinks,fold up chair,Instead of a torch use a led headlamp so you have both hands free to put your tent up in the dark if it blows down. You will need a towel,soap and toilet paper, insect repellant, spare clothes and some food just incase you cant buy any there.

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
thongs to wear in the grotty showers

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
Have a practice run at putting up your tent at home so you dont look like an idiot when you get to the camping ground. You want a swag or air mattress and sleeping bag, esky for drinks,fold up chair,Instead of a torch use a led headlamp so you have both hands free to put your tent up in the dark if it blows down. You will need a towel,soap and toilet paper, insect repellant, spare clothes and some food just incase you cant buy any there.

Thanks for the reply's and yes i know it's not really camping. I'm going to make sure i can get the tent up properly before i leave so i don't look like a dick, insect repellant was also on my list. Is it worth getting one of those bug lantern things or something similar like that?

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
separate eskys for meat and drinks... learn this one the hard way.

DONT FORGET THE BEER!

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
This is exactly why I dislike camping and camping grounds. Having to deal with other people's pubic hair in a shower - beyond gross.

:eek: thats wrong. I think i might just take a hose and hose myself down with that instead

ozz

Reaction score
Pillow. For some reason that always nearly gets forgotten by me.