Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First time holddn buyer chasing advice/recommendations

Stuart4355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss
Hi all,

First off thanks for having me I do hope Ive posted this in the right spot. I did look and this seemed best. If not I apoligise please let me know Im happy to repost it elsewhere.

Onwards. Im looking to sell my xr6 turbo and join the big boy club. Drove a mates VE ss and just fell in love from the first stab of the loud pedal. Didnt just fall in love with the motor either. So Im getting one. As I said im not all that familiar with holdens so im looking for a guage on what sort of kilometres would be considered acceptable. As in how long before they start to have problems. Also any trouble areas I should look for when looking at one. Reliability is pretty key as it will be my work vehicle aswell.

If anyone is able to list the differences between the VE and VE II and any problems specific to either I wouls be grateful.

Thanks for your time and reccomendations and thanks for having me.

Cheers

bblatch05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS
If I was looking to buy now I'd be looking at a ve series 2 ssv redline if you can afford it
Better features in the audio iq than series 1( full touch screen,Bluetooth streaming Sat nav plus you get the front brembo brakes which are heaps better than stock, better suspension FE3 over FE2 in the series 1 and 2 ss and ssv and as far as I know engine and running gear is the same for ss ssv and ssv redline

Last edited: