Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First Time Purchasing VE SV6 questions

VryBigPP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY14
Hey guys, recently I've been fortunate enough to secure a fair amount of money from cryptocurrency investments, and as a result, I'm looking at purchasing a Series 2 VE SV6. This is my first time purchasing a used car from a private dealer, as my old VX was a hand-me-down. My question is, what should I be looking for and doing when I go down to see the car for the first time? What things should I be looking out for? The owner noted that there are no mechanical faults, FYI. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

- A concerned and excited 19 year old

bazz61

Reaction score
Members Ride
veII sports wagon 2011
they can put a severe dent in wallet unless your a DIY type ..speaking from experience , avoid hi milage .

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Check the colour of the oil. Listen to the engine is it smooth or not. And drive it thoroughly to see how smoothly the transmission shifts. Then check the whole engine for red coolant leaks.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Whatever you do, do not buy one that uses the 5 speed auto.

Personally, I would also avoid dealers.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Check the service history, these engines are well known for issues if they haven’t been maintained properly with regular oil changes and using the right grade of oil