Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First Timer

T

tommi

Hey ppls,
I have recently bought a 95 vs commdore series 1. Its been kept within a family for the past 8 yrs so its pretty standard at the moment. Since this is my first commdore ( ive spent the last 2 yrs in a celica) i would appreciate any info or suggestions on what i can do - anything useful and of low cost! im impressed though- the car's immaculate and drives nice.

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Performance wise theres abit you can do but its just the same as other cars. For example:
-chip
-extractors (if your getting a chip l recomend this)
-Cold air intake

anything else is a tad expensive but if you have the money the list of things you can do is basically endless.

I would recomend focusing on what you would like with your car, for me its looks where as most of my friends its performance. If its looks get a nice set of 17"s and lower your car, most of the time this is all thats needed to make a VS look nice.

Hers a pic of my VS:
As you can see its higher then a standard vs as it has touring shocks That'll be fixxed soon though.

T

tommi

thanks matey,
yeah im lookin at gettin 17's on it and lowered as a number one priority. Wat mods have u gone done to ur ride?

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Mine has a chip and now a cold air intake. Plans are though to get dual exhaust, clear tail lights (if possible, custom made as they're not sold) and a bodykit. I would have my exhaust setup now if it wasn't for my gf wanting more bass then the original speakers the car came with, that and she was sick of tapes and radio. Meh, updating my stereo was always on my list anyway...

There are other plans my friends are telling me, like a limited slip diff. I would but l'm not into performance, my car goes fast enough and chews through enough petrol as it is.