Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First VL and first project :)

GirlwiththeVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Executive Commodore
Time for an update, not a lot has been happening with the vl due to lack of funds but done a few bits and pieces :)

I resprayed the mirrors and took the door handles off the parts car (as a few of mine were broken) Then sprayed those and put it all back on.
2wd2bzd.jpg

I also decided to put back arm rests on the back and front doors, i painted them all black. Soon i will get some billet winders! I have also changed my door trims so i now have the blue without carpet instead of the ugly green carpet ones. Here's the back door atm..
anfzgk.jpg

And here's the front, just need to get some 6inch Pioneer speakers for the front doors and some billet window winders..
2cg0sjn.jpg

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Looking good! I need to re-paint my wing mirrors black also, were they a pain to remove / put back on?

Make sure you take your door cards off and put some speaker covers on them, then put the speakers in, because there's nothing more dodgy than 6" speakers showing in the front doors of cars, I just hate it lol, I prefer to see the neat covers, plus they protect them.

GirlwiththeVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks! :D

Nah, they were actually really easy to take off and put back on. Couple minute job each way and they look so much better after the repaint.. the little details count :) some people forget this. Yeah that's what i plan on doing with the speakers, wouldn't dream of just having the speakers showing, it would look pretty dodgey like that. The covers make it look neat and add to the look. Also by looking at the cover you can instantly see everything i have used is one brand.. i don't like the idea of mixing and matching brands. One brand throughout is best. :)

GirlwiththeVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
Time for an update..

Today i replaced the PCV hose as i noticed a rather large split in the old one, not too mention it was blocked up with oil.
Old hose.. the splits on the left there.
34owwu0.jpg

New hose on, i noticed the idle has improved since changing the hose :)
10rldhg.jpg

Today i also took the rocker cover off the parts car (i'm going to paint it this week and put it on this car) I also took the headlights off the parts car as they are in better condition than the ones on mine atm. But the indicators are no good so i'll have to buy new indicators.
30vgghu.jpg

And finally i put a Billet cover on my washer fluid cap.. getting there! Slowly but surely!
rk0wav.jpg

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Time for an update..

Today i also took the rocker cover off the parts car (i'm going to paint it this week and put it on this car) I also took the headlights off the parts car as they are in better condition than the ones on mine atm. But the indicators are no good so i'll have to buy new indicators.
30vgghu.jpg

That vacuum hose the one connected to the rocker cover, where was it attached? usually it attaches to the intake piping but thats got extra hose attached! any ideas

BTW, its coming along nicely