Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First VL and first project :)

GirlwiththeVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Executive Commodore
Basically it's a matter of depressurizing the fuel system then taking the fuel hoses off that connect to the end of rail/fuel regulator. Also you'll need to remove the air piping going into the throttle body to make things a little easier to get to. After that make sure your injector wiring still has its 1 to 6 numbers (if not number them) unplug all injectors. Then there is 2 bolts holding the rail to the manifold (one easy to see near the front and the other hidden closer to the back), u'll need to undo these, after that there is 6 bolts (1 on each injector to hold them in place) Then it's just a matter of wiggling/feeding the rail out slowly past the cables ect. I think there was a couple of hoses ect in the way that i partially took off to get it out but nothing major.

Last edited:

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Awesome thanks heaps for the info!

GirlwiththeVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
Today i was happily greeted by the arrival of my brand new injectors :D :D Hopefully i'll have them in the car by the end of the weekend! Here's hoping i have the time! Haha.

igvr51.jpg

GirlwiththeVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update: The injectors are ready to go in! Here's a pic of the old rail and injectors with the painted rail and brand new injectors :)

21c57xu.jpg

Now i'm just giving the top half of the manifold a clean up before putting it all back together :) Here's a pic of the top half of the manifold before the clean..

2hyj485.jpg

Here's an after clean pic..

ogigrk.jpg

I've also decided to repaint the battery clamp (i know it's not a big deal and you barely see it) but it was rusted and it matters to me lol. Here's a before pic for the battery clamp..

2n7iikp.jpg

Here's an after paint pic

zsnko.jpg

So glad it's all finally coming together! :D :yahoo:

Last edited:

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
What paint did you use on that battery clamp? It looks pimp! Also good work cleaning that plenum, you might as well give stuff a clean when they're out hey!

GirlwiththeVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
What paint did you use on that battery clamp? It looks pimp! Also good work cleaning that plenum, you might as well give stuff a clean when they're out hey!

Seeing as it was prone to rust i just used kill rust, matt black :)

GirlwiththeVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
UPDATE: The VL has been back on the road since the 7/1/13, it's running great! Very happy :yahoo:
I want to give the engine bay a thorough clean tomorrow and post up a current pic of the engine bay. Tomorrow i'll also take the hubcaps off and fill a couple of little scratches and paint them so they look like new again. Also i plan to take the moulds of the doors and get them preped for paint tomorrow. Getting there! :spot on:

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Be careful with the door moulds, I've heard they're very brittle due to being in the sun for what, 24, 25 years lol, so don't snap one otherwise they may be a tad hard to find

GirlwiththeVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
Be careful with the door moulds, I've heard they're very brittle due to being in the sun for what, 24, 25 years lol, so don't snap one otherwise they may be a tad hard to find

Don't worry i will :) if all else fails i have another set on the parts car. So hopefully with two sets if i break one or two it will be ok lol.