Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First ZB I've seen in the second hand market

Villa_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS 2.0 turbo
I do agree that the grille is not the best that’s why I’ve painted mine black

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Out of curiosity, what makes them "hideous" to you? It's an honest question, not having a go or anything. My biggest problem with it is that it 'looks' like a front-wheel-drive car, whereas the VE-VF didn't. What makes a car 'look' FWD? Almost all FWD cars have a lot of metal under the bonnet, most of it either directly over the front axle line or in front of it, meaning low front overhangs are almost impossible to achieve. Low overhangs make a car look 'fit' for lack of a better word. I'm not sold on the hatchback either but I don't mind it. The front end is OK on some angles and awkward from others. Having said that, there's a lot about VF that I don't love either... interior design reminds me of Cruze-meets-Hyundai and is ageing badly and the back end is unresolved, but that's another discussion...

I do like the colour of this ZB though.

Pretty much agree with everything you said. Definitely looks like a FWD car, it could be driving in reverse and still look like it’s going forward. Looks like a turtle, that could have a head at either end.

It’s just a terrible looking car in my opinion. The wagon slightly better as it obviously has an ass, this one of SVG’s looks okay lowered and on different rims.

FD145794-4F5F-41F3-B461-ADCE1B4F3526.jpeg

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I still feel that they look best in Red.

also I'm so over the "Sportwagon" look with that squashed rear end. It's like an extended hatchback theme rather than a functional wagon.

Wayno73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS
Off topic, but if some imaginative photo-shoppers could post some ZBs in brighter colours (new thread) so we could see what it may look like, and with a better 'Holden' grille with no wings, it might even look 'exiting and appalling'..... I meant 'exciting and apppealing'.

Which colour would you like ?

Follow the link...

http://www.opel-exclusive.com/en-com/colours

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Out of curiosity, what makes them "hideous" to you? It's an honest question, not having a go or anything. My biggest problem with it is that it 'looks' like a front-wheel-drive car, whereas the VE-VF didn't. What makes a car 'look' FWD? Almost all FWD cars have a lot of metal under the bonnet, most of it either directly over the front axle line or in front of it, meaning low front overhangs are almost impossible to achieve. Low overhangs make a car look 'fit' for lack of a better word. I'm not sold on the hatchback either but I don't mind it. The front end is OK on some angles and awkward from others. Having said that, there's a lot about VF that I don't love either... interior design reminds me of Cruze-meets-Hyundai and is ageing badly and the back end is unresolved, but that's another discussion...

I do like the colour of this ZB though.
To me its just the front the sides and the back

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Which colour would you like ? Follow the link...

http://www.opel-exclusive.com/en-com/colours

I looked at your link, but couldn’t work out what it was all about.
Are they saying that you can design your own colour and have it on your car, or is it an app, showing theoretical colours. that I am too old to understand how to use.

The 10 colours for the Opel Insignia are here … https://www.opel.de/fahrzeuge/insignia/grand-sport/uebersicht.html
and they have a better range than the Commodore, but nothing startling or eye-catching like what was available during the production term of the VE-VF. Maybe their paint colours are not suitable for the Australian sun.
Could Lone O’Ranger, Lina Mint, Absinth Yellow, or Purr Pull make the ZB look better.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I looked at your link, but couldn’t work out what it was all about.
Are they saying that you can design your own colour and have it on your car, or is it an app, showing theoretical colours. that I am too old to understand how to use.

The 10 colours for the Opel Insignia are here … https://www.opel.de/fahrzeuge/insignia/grand-sport/uebersicht.html
and they have a better range than the Commodore, but nothing startling or eye-catching like what was available during the production term of the VE-VF. Maybe their paint colours are not suitable for the Australian sun.
Could Lone O’Ranger, Lina Mint, Absinth Yellow, or Purr Pull make the ZB look better.

As per the link:

IMAGINE YOUR COLOUR
IMAGINE YOUR INSIGNA IN ANY COLOUR YOU WANT.

PICK YOUR COLOUR
GO TO YOUR EXCLUSIVE DEALER WITH A COLOUR REFERENCE: EITHER A REAL OBJECT, A PRINT OR COLOR CODE.

FINE-TUNE YOUR SELECTION
BY PROVIDING A PAINT SAMPLE WE WILL KEEP YOU IN FULL CREATIVE CONTROL.

SIGN OFF YOUR PERSONALISED COLOUR
ONCE YOU APPROVED THE PAINT SAMPLE, WE WILL BEGIN BUILDING YOUR EXCLUSIVE.

Seems pretty simple to me.....get your new car painted ANY colour you like.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Doh ! I still don't get it.
If it is an app that allows you to 'paint' your car on screen, it is not working for me.
If it is an advert advising you to go to an Opel dealer, pick a colour, and buy that car, then Holden should get that going in Oz ASAP.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
No, not an app.

It is an analogue process where a human being goes to a building which houses other human beings, and takes something with them that shows the colour they would like their new car painted....a physical object like, I dunno, their favourite matchbox car or a colour code (paint code ?) and asks the other human being to arrange for their new car to be painted in said colour. (Step 2)

It also appears the customer gets the opportunity to work with the human in the building to finalise the exact colour and then place an order for their new car to be painted in that colour at the factory. (Steps 3 & 4)

Would be interesting to know what additional cost is involved.

Can't see Holden doing it, unless the customer is prepared to wait X months for their new car, especially given all of the cars sitting around the place that remain unsold. As Holden has stopped the boats coming with new stock, this number is apparently a very large one.