Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fish Tanks

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
In the process of creating a new 'Nature Aquarium' - anyone still keeping fish on here?
My 18" cube
P1000738.jpg

A planted nature aquarium, for those wondering (from one of the best)
0003.jpg

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
I keep 2 tanks, a 50L planted with a bunch of shrimp, a few pencilfish and some bristlenose.

I also have a bigger tank that homes 2 axolotls (walking fish), a albino female and a melanoid black male. they are really fascinating animals, they are neotenic salamanders (live their whole lives as the water dwelling larval form and even re-produce as larvae) they fail to undergo metamorphosis, so the adults remain aquatic and gilled without ever changing into the land dwelling form like other salamanders do. they are capable of re-generating their limbs and most parts of their bodies including the brain. they can live upmto 15 years. unfortunately, they are critically endangered in the wild now so by keeping them you're helping to preserve the species. they can also even live in the fridge which is also cool. that's their tank.

Untitled.jpg