Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fit 22s on a VR

STR82H3LL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
hey,
just wondering what i have to do to fit 22s on my VR commodore.
i know i need aftermarket coilovers to replace the front struts but is there anything else i need to do to make them fit and keep it low-ish ?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Why in the hell would you want such ridiculous rims on a VR? Your talking serious guard rolling and almost no tire.

STR82H3LL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
well its to go with the theme and ****. i know 2DESIRE the orange vr has 22s on the front and back. just wondering what i need to do besides coilovers and guard rolling* or is that it?

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
From memory I'm almost certain that car has minitubs. What theme are you going with?

STR82H3LL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
i got lights tinted black. limousine tint and a whole matt black paintjob. wana put huge chrome 22s on cause they will stand out like ####

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
whilst i appreciate a person trying to better there own vehicle, i seriously have to wonder why you are going to spend probably around $6000 by the time you buy wheels, tyres, aftermarket suspension components, rolling the gaurds, camber correction, being defected every 2 days, buying new tyres every 3 months and risking not being insured if something goes wrong, when you could maybe throw that money into a newer car, something that maybe you already like the look of?? not trying to be mean or rude, but i feel maybe you could do something that i feel you will enjoy more and thats uograding your current vehicle

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
I am trying really hard not to flame you OP. Are you a troll. Cause you sound like one.

STR82H3LL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
haha i have a 69 hk gts in the garage but il save that til im older. nah i aint trollin. ive got black chrome 20s on at the moment and i just dont like them. and i like older cars because they arent covered in plastic rubbish under the hood and the ECU pretty much drives the car for you. this is just my daily so was just asking what i have to do to make them fit without being attacked for personal taste ?

Vs-Stato

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Statesman
Hey guys... I probably cop some smart response to this but what is a troll or trolling? Haha..... Also would you be interested in selling those 20s you dont like? Cheers mate

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's nothing to do with your personal taste no matter how bad it is. It's a big undertaking and expensive and quite frankly your daily is not worth it.