Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitted Powerbond underdrive- Idling high now?

daniel95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi Guys,

i just got a powerbond 25% underdrive fitted to my VE L98 in order to fix my wobbly harmonic balancer. The car also received its usual service etc.

Since getting the car back, it was normal until i gave it a slight rev to 3000rpm in park. Following that, the revs didn't completely drop and the car would idle at 11-1200rpm. Since taking the car for a 15 min drive, the "Check engine light" is now appearing and won't go away.

Does anyone know the reason for these issues? I'm assuming the high idle and check engine light are linked to the same problem.

For context, the car is otherwise stock. I will be speaking with my mechanic, however it would be great to some some prior knowledge.

Cheers

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
For context, the car is otherwise stock.

Kinda seems a bit pointless then. Keep in mind it'll also mean that your water pump is pumping less coolant which isn't so good if stop start traffic is a thing you do.

At a guess your alternator isn't producing enough charge because the serpentine belt is moving slower, moves the idle speed up to compensate, then thinks the alternator doesn't work and logs a code.