Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitted rear mufflers today any one know what model they are off.

johnnyv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais v a6 v8
I got them 2nd hand. I wanted to make my v8 real quite for a while, i used to have a 2.5 walkinshaw mufflers but now wanted silence.The have one outlet spit into two chrome tips date on muffler is 18.3.210 part 92207838-b.

Attachments

• DSC03556.jpg
    DSC03556.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 296
  • DSC03563.jpg
    DSC03563.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 381

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
they look like afm mufflers from a 6lt. they are identical to my afm mufflers when i had afm on my ute anyway

johnnyv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais v a6 v8
Thanks for reply the guy at muffler place said they are off v6 and measured pipe after flange i forgot what he said i was just happy to get them.The sound is so quite cant hear it till you get a foot away.Pipe was fair bit smaller then axel pipe that is 2.5 inch.It is not as loud as my original 07 v8 muffler that had 2 pipes and tips coming out.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
zaust dude is wrong, they are the v8 AFM muffs....

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Short for exhaust. Apparently two extra letters are hard to type.

OZChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS Sportswagon
How can you tell they are from an AFM car; I ask as they look the same as the ones I removed from my SS Sportwagon (non-AFM)?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
How can you tell they are from an AFM car; I ask as they look the same as the ones I removed from my SS Sportwagon (non-AFM)?

The single exit with the y-pipe splitting to two tips was originally for AFM. The non-AFM units have two exits. But I've noticed that there's been a bit of mix-&-matching going on, so I think that rule has gone to the gods a bit! lol

Although, just thinking about it, that may have been fitted to sportwagons regardless as an attempt by holden to make the stock system even quieter, as they tend to be the most susceptible to drone. Just a thought though.