Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fittin kings spring

C

coldv6super

do i require shocks and camber kit whem fitting to calais .164oookms

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
depends on whether you have wear on the inside of your rear tyres then you will need the camber kit. personally i would put one in coz even if its not wearing the tyres (or wearing a little) it will wear when you lower it.

in regards to the shocks. if your going to lower it around 50mm or more then shocks would be a good idea.

but as with everything above you could get away without but i wouldnt recommend coz of the problems that can happen.
no camber kit - uneven tyre wear and tyres aren't cheap $$$
no shorter shocks - springs can be dislodged , etc

seabs

Reaction score
Website
seabrook.homemail.com.au
Members Ride
Gen F R8 SV
depends on what kind of king springs, if they are only a tiny bit lower then you can use the same shocks, but if u are going pretty low, i'd suggest getting new lowered shocks to match (better ride comfort).

don't know about vt's and camber kits sorry...

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
How much you lowering it?

Shocks should be replaced if you can afford it, you'll really notice the handling difference. If you're getting superlows or lower, get shorter shocks. Camber kit, definately.. the VX II has a camber/toe adjuster so it sometimes isn't needed. The VT doesnt have an adjuster so it does need the camber kit.

bordi1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I lowered my VT approx. 2.5 inches all round. I had it done by pedders and the ride is fantastic. New springs and shocks all round, cost round $1600 trade. If you want a nice ride, in my opinion, you really need to do the lot.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
bordi1983 said:
I lowered my VT approx. 2.5 inches all round. I had it done by pedders and the ride is fantastic. New springs and shocks all round, cost round $1600 trade. If you want a nice ride, in my opinion, you really need to do the lot.

what state are you in coz thats really expensive.

i got my vt lowered Lovells Low at the front, Lovells Superlow at the rear, rear shocks, 4pt camber kit for $990

bordi1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Im in VIC, had it done by pedders. I know it was a little expensive in the end but insurance is happy and the ride is fantastic!

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i am still trying to figure out the obsession with pedders and you interstate guys.
they are expensive and the products not there own even though they claim to be.
shocks are monroes painted in red and springs are king springs painted in red not "Pedders sports Ryder suspension".. ummmm BULLSH*T

but hey each to their own.
good luck with it all

C

coldv6super

Looks like I will have to do the shockies and camber kit! there is a basic kit available for $760, that might be the way to go!