Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fitting 20's on VY II Calais

vyIIcalais

VYIICalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
245's and 20's though, prob not going to fit that well. i know its probably the right option, but i guess when i buy them and get them fitted ill find out!

vyIIcalais

VYIICalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
what size rims are yours fishman? your car lowered at all?

vyIIcalais

VYIICalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
so 19's are the easiest and cheapest way then i guess..
but im just not sure whether there big enough for me!

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
so 19's are the easiest and cheapest way then i guess..
but im just not sure whether there big enough for me!

19's will cost you more for tyres than 20's cause 20's are more common then 19's

and if you get 19's with a dish they look like 18's

vyIIcalais

VYIICalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
yeah and i dont want them to look small. @&*k it ill just get 20's, they look better, even though there gonna take a bit more time and effort, and money i guess!!
fat .36l if i do get 20's do do u suggest i get in the way of lowering, coil over suspension, camber kit, all that jizz? and what did u get done to yours? expensive?

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
19's will cost you more for tyres than 20's cause 20's are more common then 19's
True, but if you can't afford decent tyres then you shouldn't be buying the wheels in the first place. Then again, 225s fit on 16x7"s and will handle way better then on 20" and the tyres cost half the price... sometimes i wonder why people spend so much and end up with something technically worse.
</rant>

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
True, but if you can't afford decent tyres then you shouldn't be buying the wheels in the first place. Then again, 225s fit on 16x7"s and will handle way better then on 20" and the tyres cost half the price... sometimes i wonder why people spend so much and end up with something technically worse.
</rant>

If you want handling dont buy a commodore buy a import or something and due to imports mostly being a turbo a v6 commodore is a common choice for p platers and droping them on 20's is the way to go theses days and yeah its unsafe but how many time s have you herd of a 225 tyre on a 8.5 rim causing a crash or doing damage

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
Dont bother with a camber kit unless it really is cambering!
When you visually look at my rear wheels, its hardly cambering, so I'm not worried.

If it starts to wear unevenly over time then Ill just swap the two rear tyres over and then the other side will wear.

Its not worth forking out $600+ for a camber kit installed unless its really cambering bad.

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
1. Select 20" wheels

2. Select 245/30 tyres

3. Guards rolled

Enjoy.