Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fitting 20's on VY II Calais

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
umm my brother has a vy2 calais and has lowered it on SSL springs with 20's and wears the tyres evenly, and it hasnt got an alignment since it was done.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
If you want handling dont buy a commodore buy a import or something and due to imports mostly being a turbo a v6 commodore is a common choice for p platers and droping them on 20's is the way to go theses days and yeah its unsafe but how many time s have you herd of a 225 tyre on a 8.5 rim causing a crash or doing damage
Lol ok whatever. A completely stock V6 with 15/16/17s and FE1/FE2 will smoke another V6 that's been dumped, catback, CAI, 20s... Just sayin' :whistling. I think it's hilarious that people get performance mods (CAI and catback on a stock V6 is like trying to get blood out of a stone anyway), then go ruin what performance they had in the first place by fitting a retarded wheel/tyre/suspension combo. I know most people who get 20s do it for the looks alone, but 18s are far cheaper, perform better and the chicks won't even know the difference. The only proper reason for getting 20s is to attract other guys in commodores hahaha

Don't mind me, i just like to rant about silly mods :p Go ahead and enjoy your 20s if that makes you happy :)

Its not worth forking out $600+ for a camber kit installed unless its really cambering bad.
It is when your tyres are worth >$2k.

Last edited:

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
Lol ok whatever. A completely stock V6 with 15/16/17s and FE1/FE2 will smoke another V6 that's been dumped, catback, CAI, 20s... Just sayin' :whistling. I think it's hilarious that people get performance mods (CAI and catback on a stock V6 is like trying to get blood out of a stone anyway), then go ruin what performance they had in the first place by fitting a retarded wheel/tyre/suspension combo. I know most people who get 20s do it for the looks alone, but 18s are far cheaper, perform better and the chicks won't even know the difference. The only proper reason for getting 20s is to attract other guys in commodores hahaha

Don't mind me, i just like to rant about silly mods :p Go ahead and enjoy your 20s if that makes you happy :)

It is when your tyres are worth >$2k.

Theres no point trying to make a v6 super fast just buy a v8 and p plates cant drive v8s so the make there v6's look nice and go alittle better than standard with the CAI, exhaust and other small mods, i didnt get my extractors, CAI and suspension to go fast i got it to make my car look good (but some might dissagree) you can only do 110 max on public roads anyway