Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fitting 20's on VY II Calais

vyIIcalais

VYIICalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
hi guys,
im thinking of fitting a set of 20's on my vy series 2 calais.
i rather the look of the 20's than the 19's and thats why im going for that.
i know with the 20's there may be some problems with fitting them, any heads up on any problems i may encounter and how to tackle them before i do it. cheers

daniel555

Custom VY Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
hi guys,
im thinking of fitting a set of 20's on my vy series 2 calais.
i rather the look of the 20's than the 19's and thats why im going for that.
i know with the 20's there may be some problems with fitting them, any heads up on any problems i may encounter and how to tackle them before i do it. cheers

If your not lowering it, Then you may not have any problems.
If you are, Gaurds rolled, Camber Kit (Depends how low), Speedo may have to be re-calibrated, Whoever fits then may talk you into getting 235's or 225's, Dont. Its dangerous (Overstreching the tyre, 245's are the minimum load) If you want 20's + low, best option is to get coil over suspension, Well in my opinion anyway.

Oh, And more expensive tyres. ;)

Let me know how you go mate.

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
225s are ****, 245s are the go. I got talked into 225s and Im spewing. They are ****, I knew they would be but went ahead with them.
My ute is on SSLs though and SSSLs are going in, next tyres will be 245s definately.

vyIIcalais

VYIICalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
whats so bad about the 225's? i know they are dangerous and stuff but other than that whats the down side? i would prefer to get them cos i personally rekon they look better, but if there are any issues let me know!
cheers

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
They just dont seem to grip as good as the 245s (I have them on my standard VY SS 18's)
You notice it especially when you are turning around roundabouts or into driveways etc etc

Trust me, 245s are better, but its up to you.

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
225s are ****, 245s are the go. I got talked into 225s and Im spewing. They are ****, I knew they would be but went ahead with them.
My ute is on SSLs though and SSSLs are going in, next tyres will be 245s definately.

Good luck mate i run SSSL and 225's and i use to scrub to the shithouse my 225's just fit now 235 wouldnt go close to fitting

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
I got the SSSLs in yesterday, its perfect, the ride isnt rough and the fronts just miss the guards, the rears have plenty of room as the guards are rolled.

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
I got the SSSLs in yesterday, its perfect, the ride isnt rough and the fronts just miss the guards, the rears have plenty of room as the guards are rolled.

Mine are rolled and i had pumped mine aswell and the 225s fit

i didnt find mine that bumpy with the SSSL's in but i defo need shortened shocks