Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting 308 back in with extractors fitted - possible?

vkss69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SS
Hi guys
I've got 2 piece Genie extractors that have been ceramic coated, along with a resprayed bay and new engine.
Can you drop the engine in with the extractors already installed to the heads? Trying to minimise swearing and losing my nut jiggling them back in and scratching everything.
Thanks!

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
Nope, either sit them in place first or split them in half & bolt the upper part to the heads (then fit the starter to the LHS) then attach the lower sections before mounting them to the balance of your exhaust system.

or sit the engine in & jack 1 side up at a time & slide them in (I had just repainted my engine bay so opted to spit them in half & do it in 2 sections).

Good luck

vkss69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SS
Thanks Lacksballs.
Crap! I saw A pic in one of the "show us your engine bay" threads with a engine on a crane with the extractors on - so I got excited. But you can't tell at what stage the motor was at as it was basically lowered but still with the crane attached.

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
Thanks Lacksballs.
Crap! I saw A pic in one of the "show us your engine bay" threads with a engine on a crane with the extractors on - so I got excited. But you can't tell at what stage the motor was at as it was basically lowered but still with the crane attached.

Who did your ceramic coating & has it discoloued in anyway? Also what was the investment?

Could you post a picture, very interested in getting mine done next time I pulll my engine..