Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Fitting a 4 BBL Manifold to a 304 (TP Dual Plane Injected)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I had a similar problem, I'm using a Harrop DP manifold and had originally intended to use the VB-VK style thermostat housing but with the upward angle it would foul on the fuel rail cross-over. I ended up changing fuel rails and also changed to a 304 style thermostat housing which has only a very slight up angle.

Mine started as a simple manifold swap but it's totally blown out now. Hopefully I'll have it running this summer...:(

At some stage I do have a large single plane manifold to play with but that is a whole different kettle of fish:D

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
No need to worry about signal to carburetor single plane on lol or cut the devider out and give it some plenum

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
The WB hose fits fine with about 25mm cut off at the thermostat end. Does touch the fuel rail but can't see that being an issue. A different thermostat housing would be ideal but at $100+ I'll just stick with what I already have I think
hWTOeqA.jpg

wj3vnKP.jpg

xD9Zl2p.jpg

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
as i said, mine is a high rise dual plane, no show car but, gives you an idea of my setup

qJv5n8V.jpg

2wEhLbK.jpg

ZSkMHqw.jpg

Last edited:

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
thanks, it's a tidy streetcar. wiring is still pretty much in factory locations

it did take alot of time getting the radiator, heater hoses, fuel and vacuum hoses and fitting sitting where i wanted them to. many different fittings and hoses were purchased

as well as the emission lines for the charcoal canister which ive fitted underneath the factory battery location

leejames89

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais v8
Hi All,

Bit of a grave dig here. I had a 304 in my hilux 4wd single cab which I have no ripped out and now am in the process of a new build with a dual cab. While the engine is out I will be doing a few things to it. Some flat tops, cam and manifold and maybe a few other things. This thread has been great for the manifold info and has answered a few questions.

One I still have it how do you run these style manifold with a standard or ls1 throttle body through to an airbox? Being in a 4wd I don't want an exposed air filter and will also be running a snorkel. Is there a style of throttle body I can buy to allow this is would I have to custom design it? Or do I need to be looking at a different kind of manifold all together?

Cheers!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Hey , edlebrock ( a few others I think do as well) a 90 degree intake fitting.
You can run a throttlebody like here and then the 90 degree fitting or bolt up the 90 degree fitting and mount a ls/ standard 5.0 ltr style throttlebody then to your airbox .
Are you going 355 with the rebuild?
Should = for the small amount extra cost ,sooo much more low down torque = just what you need in a 4x

leejames89

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais v8
Thanks for that mate. I'll check them out.

My block only has 10 000kms on it so throwing some pistons and cam in will cost me a fair bit less than going stroker. But now you've brought it up I'm going to start doing some research and see where it takes me haha