Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fitting a door

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
ay guys how hard is it to change a rear door on a vt/vx? looks easy just to bolts and the clip is that it? also its electric if that makes a difference? thanxs scott

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
ay guys how hard is it to change a rear door on a vt/vx? looks easy just to bolts and the clip is that it? also its electric if that makes a difference? thanxs scott
I think it only a matter of disconnecting the door loom. undoing the check strap and knocking out the pins in the hinges.

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
I think it only a matter of disconnecting the door loom. undoing the check strap and knocking out the pins in the hinges.

Preety much, although a 2 person job if you cant get something for the door to stand on properly, there alot heavier than you think.

Also it will matter what type of door you put on, VT-VZ door molexs change throughout the series, so just make sure that the door you are putting on is VZ with the same series so they arnt any problems. Although i imagine VT S1 will be the only one different though.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
ok thanxs guys will give it a go